Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I am having my 3rd annual haunted backyard this year. I have a bunch of stuff already that I believe will go over well with everyone, but I am looking for a state that will have some people running out of my garage, a great finale. I have static props, motorized, and this is my first year trying pnuematics. Any Ideas? I have a few but nothing solid yet. Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
I would vote for anything above their head (that drops down) or below their knees that reaches out for them. They will be so focused on all the things going on from knee height to head height that something coming from out of the blue will creep them out. Maybe even something really simple, like a few spiders (one on the ceiling, one on the ground) and some strands of black fishing line hanging down that they will run into . Everyone loves the cobweb dance ;) Just ... probably want to keep the dangling "web" as singular, loose pieces instead of loops or anything they could get caught on as they jump/startle away from it. Fishing line can cut pretty quickly if it catches an earlobe or a nose tip.

Good luck, it sounds awesome!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A horn and led light hooked to a switch and battery... should scare them!
These are good ideas I love the horn Idea, I may not use it in the end however just because my ending is right next to my beginning, but on the other hand by the time they get there they may have forgotten that they heard this horn. How would I set something up to drop from the ceiling and reset every time, I am trying to automate as much as possible this year as I am down on my help to scare the kiddos. Thanks for the inputs guys I like them and appreciate them very much

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
We did a drop panel in the last room. Instead of a painting, we put a white board on it asking them to mark down whether they had been scared or not. As they thought the scares were over and started to write, the panel would drop. You could have an automated scare instead if you have the hidden sensor in just the right spot.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a 30 gallon barrel where low lying fog is going to spill out over the top and fall on the ground (hopefully). Pretty cool and harmless looking until the pneumatic ghoul comes flying out of it all lit up accompanied by a scary sound. That should get some reactions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice ones guys, I like them. the drop panel is hilarious as well as scary. the barrel is also good, did you use a prop controller to achieve the scare with the audio?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I used an adafruit mini FX for the audio, it is triggered by a remote. I am using a cheapie digital time delay relay to hold it up for 2 seconds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey fogmaster, I just checked that stuff out, very cool stuff, unfortunately I will not be able to use this year as I am out of time and money, but I am definitely going to get that board in the off season maybe a few, it is exactly what I am looking for for my props. Thank you for the recommendation. your peek a boo prop sounds awesome. Mine are more basic than that this year I am operating my props by remote mostly, we'll the homemade ones, the others that I have bought over the years have there own sensors in them. I really like the sound board though it is nicely priced, great find

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I seen those e'crackers at frightprops, are they the same? they look pretty cool one of those items I will have to invest in for next year. I am trying to come up with something scary with what I have already as I am out of money for the haunt, but I do have some stuff to get the job done. my version of the equipment cracker this year is my leaf blower I know it's not the same but it catches the trick or treaters off guard. the e cracker and or the boom stick are definitely on the list for next year thanks for the reply.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts