Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with tips or tricks on removing store or brand labels? I prefer to remove those white labels from items, but 9/10 times you end up with remnants of the gunk. Every once in a while you get lucky and the label is the latex or plastic or whatever that kind is. Anyone know what I am talking about? I have Goo Gone but that is annoying to always have to break that stuff out.

·
Registered
526 Posts
My tips and tricks:
1. Heat. If you can fill the item with hot water and let set or slowly warm with a hair dryer, the glue often loosens easily.
2. Vinegar. Cuts the sticky and no residue.
3. Oil and baking soda. For the really stuck on, mix a drop of oil with a tiny bit of baking soda to form a paste. Rub the area gently. Baking soda won't scratch but provides just enough friction to remove it all!
4. Big pink eraser. For items that can't get moist at all. Takes longer but will eventually rub it all away.

·
Spider Maven
1,468 Posts
Baby oil...or sometimes an alcohol swab. Depends on the 'gunk'.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use "Goo-Gone".
This is what I use as well, but then whatever I am trying to get the sticky crap off of, ends up covered in the oily Goo gone so then need washed and such. Just seems like a hassle when all that need to take place is the stupid companies use a different type of label.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yep - Alcohol for me. I few times I've put masking tape over the label really well then pulled the masking tape up and the label comes up, slowly without residue. But it doesn't always work. When it does it's awesome. :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep - Alcohol for me. I few times I've put masking tape over the label really well then pulled the masking tape up and the label comes up, slowly without residue. But it doesn't always work. When it does it's awesome. :)
That is the best feeling in the world, when you pull the label off and BOOM, no remnants of it ever being there. One tough thing for me is I have really short fingernails (being a dude and all).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts