Halloween Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
I'm not gonna be picky as far as books vs. movies. I'll be really lucky to have everyone in costume and really really lucky if more than 3 people dress in theme. Although I love how big of a fan you are Mariposa! You can absolutely come! Kansas isn't all that far from Dallas! Lol!

Thanks for the link RCIAG! The girl from joyland would be really fun! We could do a picture with the same pose as the cover of the book!

We have a friend named Roland, maybe I could convince him to be the gunslinger! Lol!

Thanks for the suggestions!
oh man, if i hadnt of already had my fill of dallas (had to go down twice in the last 2 months to help my brother out, couldnt get out of there fast enough! lol) i would totally come. and yes. right next to harry potter is just about every SK book ever. i love his work. i havent read a whole lot of them but every single one i have read, ive loved. get so invested in the characters and the stories... i hate to see them end lol. hoping your friends play along and all dress up, what fun is going to a halloween party in street clothes?

·
I am the one who knocks
1,939 Posts
The Stand: Randall Flagg (the walking dude), Mother Abigale, the Trashcan Man, or people infected by the superflu. The superflu victims could wear procedural facial masks, redden up their eyes and add dark circles, make their hair ratty and greasy, and wear rumpled pajamas and robes with (used) hankies hanging out their pockets.

Pet Sematary: post-burial Gage or Rachel, Victor Pascow, or for the really ambitious, the not-exactly-dead cat, Church.

Misery: Annie Wilkes, Paul Sheldon, or the cops Annie kills in horrific ways in the book.

Cell: zombified people with cell phones, wearing normal but ripped and bloodied clothing.

Sometimes They Come Back (short story from Night Shift): the greasers.

The Boogeyman (from Night Shift): the monster, unmasking itself from its clever disguise.

Cujo: any one of the mauled characters.

The Night Flier (from Nightmares and Dreamscapes): a vampire, and a rather amusing one at that, in my opinion. Apparently the character makes a brief appearance in the Dead Zone, and he's also in Popsy, the short story following the Night Flier.

Chattery Teeth (also from NAD): if anyone can find a pair of those things, it could make an easy costume, with the the teeth attached to clothing and some fake blood.

You Know They've Got a Hell of a Band (NAD): The main characters end up in a town named Rock and Roll Heaven. The place is the opposite of heaven, filled with familiar, famous faces. Dead, evil rock star costumes could be fun, simple, and nostalgic (in a warped way).

Rainy Season (NAD): with some rubber frogs and gore, a guest could make a funny costume, depending on what one finds funny about giant, black toads with teeth that chomp through doors.

The Gingerbread Girl (from Just After Sunset): Emily, a runner, goes through hell trying to escape a madman. Running shorts, a sports bra, fake wounds, and some duct tape could do the trick.

Good luck with your party; its a great theme.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I updated my party plans thread here :
http://www.halloweenforum.com/party-ideas-experiences-recipes/124306-2013-stephen-king-theme-w-slight-carrie-focus.html
if anyone is interested!

I've changed my costume! I'll let someone else be Carrie.

I'm going to be Mort Rainey from Secret Window! (secret garden, secret window)

Its one of my favorite movies... oddly enough one of the only ones I haven't read the novella to...

I'll get a 'Shooter' hat, put blonde streaks in my hair, get black rim glasses, wear my robe and carry around a pack of cigarettes. Was Jack Daniels his drink of choice in the book as well? I might carry around a bottle of that too.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Hey Stochey I am doing a Stephen King theme this year.

Any feedback from when you did yours?

Thanks!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey Stochey I am doing a Stephen King theme this year.

Any feedback from when you did yours?

Thanks!
A lot of people asked about Gunslinger references and I hadn't read those so I didn't have any, lol.
I wish I had done more themed food like the pie from Thinner or something.
I also wish I had done a trivia game.

People generally seemed to like it. I will say that I felt a little sad at the time because everything was sooo themed that I didn't have quite enough pumpkins/witches/general Halloween stuff around that the next year I did a 'Classic Halloween' theme because I missed it.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts