Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a big problem getting my guests (about 25%) to wear costumes. I'm doing a Stephen King theme this year and I was going to suggest some costume ideas in the invitation.

I'm being Carrie.

So far I have:
Jack from The Shinning
Annie Wilkes from Misery
Pennywise from IT
Dead prom guest since the living room will be a Carrie theme

Any other suggestions?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,607 Posts
The Twins from the Shining or Danny from the Shining.

Barlow or Straker, Danny or Ralphie Glick from Salem's Lot. Death Studios sells a great Barlow mask. It's not cheap but it's very accurate & scary as hell.

Ralphie Glick

Cujo
From his latest Joyland you could dress as the girl on the cover
Any one of the kids from Stand By Me would be easy, as would any of the cons from Shawshank or the guards from the Green Mile.

Here's someone who's done a few King story costumes
http://whatthefun.net/din/c-king.html

The Low Men from Hearts in Atlantis or their can-toi version from The Gunslinger series. Really anyone or anything from The Gunslinger series would be great. Roland would be easy.

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
BARLOW!

freaking love salems lot, but the twins arent actually stephen king. thats kubricks doing. ive voiced my opinion on the crappy kubrick version so many times on here people are probably getting annoyed with it. but jack (the book jack, not the stupid kubrick movie jack) and danny and even wendy (again, book versions) would be great. then tony of course (dannys imaginary friend who turned out to be his future self warning him of whats to come in the mini series version of the shining) oh and gracy the old caretaker (i think gracy was his name, cant find him in the list of cast) and halloran. plenty of characters from the shining to go as. granted some of the costumes might get kind of dull since theres no blood or anything fun to play with when dressing up.

but there is always the entire salems lot crew, maybe the white trash couple that had the baby and the lady dressed as the mom can bring her a "dead vampire baby" prop. there are so many great characters that i would love to dress up as from stephen kings stories.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not gonna be picky as far as books vs. movies. I'll be really lucky to have everyone in costume and really really lucky if more than 3 people dress in theme. Although I love how big of a fan you are Mariposa! You can absolutely come! Kansas isn't all that far from Dallas! Lol!

Thanks for the link RCIAG! The girl from joyland would be really fun! We could do a picture with the same pose as the cover of the book!

We have a friend named Roland, maybe I could convince him to be the gunslinger! Lol!

Thanks for the suggestions!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm a big fan of 'The Green Mile" so I'd like to be Percy Wetmore or Wild Bill. Although because I am such a big guy, I'd probably be better suited being Brutal Howell or John Coffy. (I'm white however. I'd either just be a Caucasian John Coffy or get a bald black man mask if I could get one for the right price. Finding a 1930's prison guard uniform could be an issue however, and even finding clothing that looks similar.)

Being Ace Merrill from "Stand by Me" could be cool too. Whoever did that could dress as a 1950's hood.

Ben Richards or one of the stalkers from "The Running Man" could be good as well if done correctly. (I know the movie and the novel are different, and I have not read the book yet.)

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
Great ideas everyone. What about the ghost boy or Sarah from Bag of Bones? King makes such great cherecters that some one could even come up with one of his supporting cherecters.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
There are so many great characters from his stories to be. It might be hard to figure some of them out but that could make it even more fun. Try to guess who your guests are. Think about books like The Tommyknockers, The Mist, even Under the Dome. There are plenty of cool charcters in those books with just enough detail given where someone could attend the party as one of them and be original rather then going as the more obvious King characters.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Oh god, I was not prepared for the photos from Pet Sematary.

This is really difficult! I love Stephen King but a lot of his main characters are just ordinary people in ordinary clothes. Dressing as villains would probably be easiest - the Crimson King, Cujo, Christine, Pennywise, Jack from The Shining, Carrie... I like the 'dead prom guests' idea, that's a bit less specific and easier for people who aren't fans.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Anybody know how to do burn makeup they could go as post electric chair Delacroix from "The Green Mile". Maybe still have the conducting cap and chin strap still attached.

Jack from "The Shining" would be easy with red flannel shirt, ax and limp.

How about 4 guys dressed as the boys from "Stand By Me" (the book was The Body) Teddy Duchamp would be easy with an olive drab t-shirt and a pair of horn rimmed glasses.

A bit more time and money would be needed but you could do any of the costumes from "The Running Man"

A pea coat, a cane and a great impersonation of Christopher Walken and you got Johnny Smith from "The Dead Zone"

I could do this all day...LOL....Good Luck, Marc V.

·
The Undead Diva
549 Posts
I think an interesting character would be Jessie Burlingame, from Gerald's Game. You could show up with handcuffs on one bloodied and cut up wrist, in a dirty nightgown and make your face look gaunt and speak with a raspy voice from the "dehydration". You have to think that she'd be a little "mad" after her ordeal too...who wouldn't go a little bonkers being chained to a bed in a remote cabin with your husband lying dead over you??????????

·
Registered
167 Posts
The Twins from the Shining or Danny from the Shining.

Barlow or Straker, Danny or Ralphie Glick from Salem's Lot. Death Studios sells a great Barlow mask. It's not cheap but it's very accurate & scary as hell.

Ralphie Glick

Cujo
From his latest Joyland you could dress as the girl on the cover
Any one of the kids from Stand By Me would be easy, as would any of the cons from Shawshank or the guards from the Green Mile.

Here's someone who's done a few King story costumes
http://whatthefun.net/din/c-king.html

The Low Men from Hearts in Atlantis or their can-toi version from The Gunslinger series. Really anyone or anything from The Gunslinger series would be great. Roland would be easy.
This scene from Salems Lot plagued me for years. I couldnt take a shower without someone standing guard by the window.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts