Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi! i was wondering if some one can be some help any way some one out there has ever made an ice chest coffin? i'm have tryed looking up steps and go off of that but i have not had any luck. maybe step by step or picture's.

i get the whole coffing making but i wanted to know what you actually use for the ice chest cooler part? PLEASE ASAP! thanks :)
thank. LC

·
Registered
144 Posts
A thick liner, some insuating material, and a way to drain. Liner could be doubled 4mil or 6mil plastic sheeting. If inside your home or where a leak is not an option, then perhaps the rubber liner material used to make ponds.

Insulate with scrap foam boards, peanuts, newspapers, great stuff, etc. Line the coffin with this before the liner, eh. And maybe a single flat foam board up under the lid, to insulate when closed...

Assuming this is elevated somewhat, a) make sure it is on a sturdy stand/platform. Ice, water, drinks are heavy. And b) unless you want to bail out the melted water one bucket at a time, plan for a drain hole. Depending on how critical leak prevention is, this could be prepped in the coffin, but not punched thru the liner until afterwards...but at least make a provision for it.

Depending on the size, how long the party lasts, and how fast drinks are consumed - you may have to drain water add and ice during the event.

Get the placement correct before filling, do not attempt to move with ice and drinks...

·
Registered
301 Posts
cooler

They are made of wood. 1 x 12 sides and 1/2" plywood top and bottom. Insulation is 3/4" pink foam insulation board. Lay a flat piece (cut to fit) on bottom, cut side pieces to fit leaving 1/4" from the top, use silicon to seal joints. Then spread 6 mil black plastic inside to form a liner, attaching the plastic to the 1/4 that you left above the insulation. That's it. Hinge the lid and lock it down. We used these last year and they worked beautifully!

HTH

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there. I'm new to the board. But I searched high and low last fall for some good directions on making a coffin cooler and I found this:

Spooky Blue's Halloween Home Made Coffin

It's not for a cooler per-se, but it uses the right materials. I just adapted as needed and came up with this for my party:

Held lots of beer, but was a bit fragile. If almost fell apart when I tried to empty the ice out of it, and I lined with heavy duty trash bags that were held in mostly with hot glue and duct tape. I'll have to see about fixing it up and making it stronger. Any ideas, please share!

·
Registered
591 Posts
You could use a stryofoam cooler those .99 centers placed inside a coffin of your choice.also on Fog Chiller Coffin. there's a fog chiller that's shaped like a coffin with ice inside that could be an ice chest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts