Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought our first house and I had always wanted to do a yardhaunt of my own. I had done them at my parents house but never was able to really go all out. I ended up having about 3 months to make it all happen for this year. So I set realistic goals and ended up getting some help from my parents and sister at the end when they came for a visit. In the end I accomplished the things I had planned and am very happy with the results.
This is the first phase of Steamtown 18717. It is a steampunk outpost complete with a steam powered clock. Of course if you have a steam powered clock you need steam. So there is a steam boiler. There is also a storefront for Lisalisa's glowing potions.
I will try to post more pics as I have the opportunity.

IMG_20141027_132844.jpg
Daytime shot of Steamtown 18717. The clocktower, storefront and " the boiler ".

IMG_20141027_152010.jpg
The front of the clocktower and "the boiler" doors. Video may follow of "the boiler " in action.

IMG_20141027_160545.jpg
The storefront where Lisalisa displays here glowing potions.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Wow! All that in just three months? I can't imagine what your place will look like in a couple of years. You do great work.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a short clip of the steam vent above the door on the clocktower. I will get better video of the steam coming out of the pipes later.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Man, that's impressive; your FIRST GIG! Mine - 1986, a handful of PLYWOOD tombstones. I kid you not. How times have changed...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts