Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys and girls do it?

I start on a project and another one comes to mind. I have got several started now and keep coming up with more.:eek:

I would really like to know how you all do it.

·
Hauntless
8,332 Posts
I used to do the same thing, :eek: Here's what I did to keep me on track last year and it's helped me out loads.

Dec-Jan: All options are on the table. I go through my links, saved pictures and 'Fix list' from last year and write them all down on one sheet of paper divided into the room categories: Spider room, vampire room, driveway, graveyard...etc. Then I look at projects and decide which ones of them I really want to do and then write the 'master plan' for that year's Halloween.

With that done, I decide which of the projects is a) what I'm really excited about and b) the most time-consuming or so new that I have no idea how long it would take. I do that project first with no time constraints.

Then, when completed, I see if I want to add any other projects that may have been brought up here at the forum and add them to the 'master list.' Now, I make the time-line for the other projects that I know basically how long they should take. I do the ones I want to do the most first and the mildly interesting ones at the end. If I run out of time, that was okay, wasn't that interested in it anyway.

Aug: I rewrite my time-line to better reflect projects left to do. Then, I try to stick to the plan as best I can. With Halloween coming so fast and the time-line it helps keep me motivated to stay on course.

October: I begin pulling my hair out because for the life of me I always underestimate how long it takes me to do projects, UGH! But, that was okay 'cause hopefully I'm down to the projects that I was mildly interested so in the end I can stay sane.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Geeze Louis Terra!!! You are stressing me out even more woman:) You are very organized but how do I do that with a job and two teenagers that are in many activities, and I insist on attending all of them. A husband, a dog, friends who need attention and so on and so on and so on. If you can help me with all of that I am on board:)[/B]

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Then I look at projects and decide which ones of them I really want to do and then write the 'master plan' for that year's Halloween.

What's this thing you call: a plan?

I got smart this year and have a binder that I'm sticking pictures and tutorials in. Last year I saved a lot of links in my favorites, but didn't have a clue why I saved each of them so I did a lot of backtracking. What I need now is this "plan" thing that Terra mentioned.

·
Hauntless
8,332 Posts
Geeze Louis Terra!!! You are stressing me out even more woman:) You are very organized but how do I do that with a job and two teenagers that are in many activities, and I insist on attending all of them. A husband, a dog, friends who need attention and so on and so on and so on. If you can help me with all of that I am on board:)[/B]

Fess-up time: I no longer work outside the home and no kids. So, I have a good amount of free time. I can't imagine doing all that you do and finding the time to do one project, much less multiple projects :(

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
I always have several projects going at once because my interest never stays put :(

Scatterbrains- I also started up a binder last year of tutorials and cools pictures for inspiration. I had a 3" binder full by November!

·
Creepin When Your Sleepin
1,143 Posts
I will say it's very difficult to stay focused on things or should I say to dedicate the time to get the things done.
1. Full time job... as most of us have!
2. Dedicated Husband and father of a 18 month old
3. Fire Chief of a Volunteer Fire Dept. (Running 300 some calls a yr)
Plus meetings and training Its more then a full time job!
4. Work for my Father in law when ever he needs me.
Plus my other hobby is Radio Controlled rock crawlers
Garden State Radio Control Rock Crawlers - Powered by vBulletin

So yeah I don't get a whole lot of time to work on this stuff but I do my best and that's all I can do!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
This is only year two on me. I have a list of projects for the year but I need to organize them by priority and get started. I am already in the middle of two. Print everything out for a binder is a good idea. I can get lost in online links.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I work on the small stuff now when it's cold out usually here @ the computer desk or adjacet "project" desk....I've got several projects going in that little bit of room but the incentive is to finish what's there so I can put it out in storage and free up the space for something "new"!...That OR you get tired of looking at it when it's that close to everyday life OR you get tired of dusting it off everytime you decide to work on it:D.....ZR

1 - 15 of 15 Posts