Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
8/11/2015- Thought I would resurrect this thread since there was some interest in it by a few people earlier... on that... other, bogus thread, lol.

Look through the posts, I posted the picture I got of the ghost/something I can't explain on page two. I think I'll add a few more.

Also I bought my friend a skeleton key from the gift shop there... a former room key and she swears up and down that there is something attached to it! I'll post that story too. She just told me last week!

We're staying here for one night this weekend (September 2014): http://www.americasmosthauntedhotel.com/

Crescent Hotel in Eureka Spring, AR!!

Any advice for ghost hunting (I don't watch Ghost Hunters so I really don't know)? Other haunted sites to see?

(would totally love restaurant suggestions also... or other fun stuff to do... but don't want to take things too off topic *cough*)

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
Sounds like fun! Though I wouldn't be able to sleep. I'd be too busy trying to think of ways to scare my wife.

Oh, I hear the ghosts like to steal the toilet paper, so you might want to bring some of your own. :)

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,111 Posts
Ooh! How awesome! Let us know how it goes when you come back...IF you come back, Mwahahahaha!!!
You should take pics to post, too...maybe you will catch a ghost! :eek:

For ghost hunting, there are tons of things you can do...some quite expensive, lol, but some easy and nearly free. For an easy ghost hunting thing to do...besides taking random pics in the dark, you can play the flashlight game with the ghosties! Bring a flashlight with you. When you are in an area where ghosts are said to be present, turn the head of the flashlight so that it is just barely on, and any movement will shut it off. Set the flashlight carefully on a table, shelf, wherever, without accidentally making it shut off, yourself. Back away so none of your movements can affect it. Ask the ghosts questions and to have them turn off/on the flashlight for "yes" or "no". Explain to the ghost that it's very easy for them to use the flashlight to answer, and tell them how, so they know...at least, that's what they do on all the ghost shows, lol. Who knows, maybe you will get a bite!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have never stayed there but I did unkowingly stay in a haunted hotel once. The Vinoy in St. Pete in FL. Friend got married there and I found out AFTERWARDS that it was haunted from my hairdresser of all people. So I went back and checked my pics I took and, I'll be damned, I caught something I can't explain in a pic. I don't go so far as saying "ghost" because it was taken with my camera phone. I was in my room alone, taking a pic of the room as I will never be able to stay in a hotel that nice again, and there's a reflection in the mirror of what appears to be a woman. And it's not me. I was wearing a purple bridesmaid dress and this woman is wearing brown. Freaked me out.

So my advice to you: lots of pics. Don't be looking for anything specific the whole time, just take random, regular pics, and you might catch something unexpected.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
It's still gotta be better than staying at a Motel 6. :)

I grew up in St. Pete. At that time the Vinoy was just an empty, broken down homeless/druggie refuge. They started re-furbishing it around 1990.

I never knew it was haunted, though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah! My friend didn't know either when I asked later. Apparently Ghosthunters did an episode there once. And Google turned up a couple of stories of pro ball players that will not stay there when the team travels to play Florida. The rest of the team stays there but they stay down the road at the Hampton because of waking up and finding people in the room with them only to turn on the lights and find no one there.

Again, didn't know until later, but they apparently offer mini ghost tours of the hotel, too.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check out that ghost tour next time I'm "down home".

I could believe it's haunted since it's so old. Beautiful building, though. They opened it up for viewing right before they started to restore it. My dad and I went down there to check it out and that place was a mess inside.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Very cool, I hope you don't sleep at all. It will probably be from the excitement of just being there. What's that........... did you just hear something ?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ugh! So the night I was there I came down with an extreme sore throat and cold symptoms. Then the morning we left (that I had to drive 7 hours back home ) I had a terrible stomach virus... so I've been dealing with that but I'm feeling better now, but that is the reason for the lack of updates.

It is a fantastic place! The Ghost Tour was fantastic! We got to go into the morgue (where Norman Baker kept his dead cancer patients, while he continued to impersonate them and write to their families for more money).

Didn't really hear anything in the room but walking around the hotel late at night was pretty spooky. I would be standing completely still and a board would creak right next to me. Yes, there were tons of noises all over because its so old but... like right there... right next to me.

I did get a pretty good picture though. No one else seems to be freaking out over this like I am but... seriously... look next to the fire hose on the wall!

100_2729.jpg

What do you guys think? I can't explain it!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
OK, so you had a sore throat and cold symptoms while there. Do you usually get sick all the time ? I see the figure next to the fire hose very cool !

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, so you had a sore throat and cold symptoms while there. Do you usually get sick all the time ? I see the figure next to the fire hose very cool !
Rarely do I get sick... so you could look at it like I was due for it or ... something more. I really started developing a cough as soon as we checked in.

In certain rooms... like down in where he used to keep all the body parts that his phony doctors hacked off and in the morgue's freezer... there was complete electricity in the air. I felt it really strongly. And I am not one of those people... I have no delusions that I am special or have any sort of connection to the dead but I really felt it!

Keep checking back to this thread. I'll add more pictures and incidents from the Ghost tour as I feel like it and also so I don't create this giant wall of txt,

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One of the ghosts there is a kitty named Morris who was a former pet at the hotel. He is buried on the property. During the Ghost tour when we were down in the morgue, someone felt a cold draft on their leg and looked down, someone from across room said he saw something dart between the man's legs as well. You know... take it with a grain of salt but that is what they said.

100_2655.jpg

100_2656.jpg

100_2665.jpg

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,111 Posts
Hmmm...the pic with the fire hose looks a normal reflection or glare on the wall...but the fact that whatever it is goes down in front of the dark toe board/molding and doesn't change is what gets me...that makes it seem like the reflection/light/image is in front of the wall and molding, rather than on it...Lol, you never know!
I LOVE the ghost kitty story!! That's way too awesome.
I know what you mean about the whole electricity feeling thing...I have felt something like that before, it's a weird, creepy sensation.
Like others have pointed out...it's odd that you don't get sick very often, but you did as soon as you check into the place. Coincidence? Maybe...maybe not...
Lol, whether a place is really haunted or not, it's fun to go there and hear all the stories and get yourself all freaked out!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As the edit on the first post says, there was some interest in my stay at the Crescent Hotel earlier today so I though I would resurrect this old thing.

Here... have some more pics!

Down in the Morgue/body freezer
ark1.jpg

Down in the morgue/body freezer
ark2.jpg

Just a hallway... :)
ark3.jpg

Very Ironic sign if you know the history of the place...
ark4.jpg

ark5.jpg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts