Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes my Halloween brainstorming sessions remind me of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. If I need new tombstones, I'd better make a decent-looking fence to go around them. If I make a decent-looking fence, I need a suitable gate/entrance. If I have a suitable gate/entrance, I need - you guessed it - a couple of statues flanking the sides.

Now what I would REALLY like to do, is take a couple of my friends (aka 'voluntary victims') and make duct-tape dummies of their bodies, casts of their faces, and combine the two into the bodies of the statues, which will then be painted appropriately. Am I just crazy and biting off WAY more than I can chew, here? :eek:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I soooooooo understand your thought process. Because you do not know when to say when in regards to your final image, the mental anguish can be grueling. It also reminds me of cleaning off my desk at work when it is out of control.

Part of me wants to run and hide, and the other part wants to form a detailed battle plan which creates more anguish. I have come to embrace beginning with simple steps. I start with the loose paper clips, then the pens and before you know it I am making progress.

If it were me, I would make 3-4 nice thick substantial tombstones to upgrade your current collection. Then work on the fence. Then make one large eye candy piece (mausoleum/tomb) for the cemetery if time permits. Then move on to the entry columns, then if you have time, a sign connecting the columns. What you do not finish this year, will be a starting point for next year.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, well...the lab that adopted me a few months back decided to explore the garage by hopping -through- my tombstones. So that's definitely going to be on the list this year. Also maybe a dog skeleton in the graveyard...:mad:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
As cheap as mannequins are, why not use a couple of them? Put them in some clothes or robes that have been stiffened and then spray them with that spray paint kit stuff that's designed to make anything look like it's made of granite, marble, or other stone and call it a day. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts