Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently moved, and during that move, the first prop I ever made about 3 years ago when I was 12 years old, lost his scythe and got damaged. I'm posting this to show you my new and improved grim reaper, and see what you think... I normally zip tie the wood piece at the bottom to a piece of rebar, but now i think I'm going to use a cable to hang it from a tree, and then stake a loose string to the ground to keep it from moving too much.. Let me know what you think
Happy haunting!
Michael :D
l 008.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
005.jpg
Here's another pic in different light... again, this was my first prop, I just improved it with a new scythe... let me know what you think, and any ideas for improvment.. I'm gonna get some of the freaky fabric out of my basement and do some more detailing with that

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the scythe is attached with a screw to the shoulder (you can see it in the stick it's mounted to) and the blade is made of some 1/4" Plywood that I had kicking around, so I cut a notch in the broomstick, and screwed it on

·
A 1 man army of darkness
2,586 Posts
Nicely done! Since your asking for feedback, I have a small suggestion. Lower the shoulders a slight bit, and pad the area from the neck to the arm with a bit of a slope down towards the arm. It will help get rid of that square shouldered look, and make for a more realistic profile. :) Love the scythe, great idea! :D

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,492 Posts
Nice simple prop. What can be cool about stuff like this, is that properly placed, people don't know if it's a real person or a static prop. You might also consider making some skeletal hands at some point. He could then be holding the scythe. How tall is it overall?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's about 5' tall as it sits on the wood pole. I might play aroun with the mounting options this year though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts