Halloween Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this year has just begun but let's be honest halloween is a 24/7 thing when you want to have a home haunt.
Last year I used pallets and had it just the way I wanted how ever we ran into some issues.
This year I would like to try something a little easier and convient but I'm not sure how to build walls that can withstand weather or how to not drop so much money on materials. If anyone has suggestions on how I can put up sturdy walls for a home haunt it will be appreciated. Our location has concrete and a tpost won't be able to be placed. I'm new to all this and just want to find ways to achieve my haunt dreams.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I can only speak for my plans to use plywood for walls. I am anchoring them to my garden arbor which is cemented into the ground. I also plan to use metal brackets to fasten them together. It would be good to ask someone you know who is familiar with construction and bounce your ideas for cheap materials and methods off them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can only speak for my plans to use plywood for walls. I am anchoring them to my garden arbor which is cemented into the ground. I also plan to use metal brackets to fasten them together. It would be good to ask someone you know who is familiar with construction and bounce your ideas for cheap materials and methods off them.
I unfortunately don't know people in construction. My boyfriend has been in welding schooling and we have been working with that. I thought about using cement in buckets but idk how sturdy that'd be.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Do you need sturdy walls for structure (like hanging pictures or weapons from the walls) or for guiding people through the space?

I am always challenged by storage, so my ideas lean toward "what can I take apart". Coroplast (corrugated plastic) is used for outdoor signs and to build temporary walls. It comes in 4×8' sheets, at HD it is $210 for 10 sheets. Pricey, and you still need to support it with a frame of some kind.

Another option would be to use fabric or tarps (again, needs a frame) as walls. Depending on your theme you could go with canvas drop cloths and paint them, or look for black tarps. Just like the coroplast you will have to think about wind, but with fabric you might be able to tie the curtain walls open when a windstorm is approaching. And this would store easily (plus is cheaper).

For support ... what about cattle panels from Tractor Supply? They are 16' long and if you have a decent 90 degree bend in them they are pretty self supporting. I used them as the backbone of a garden fence bc I didn't want to set posts in the ground. They are stupidly thick wire, you need bolt cutters to snip them apart and bending them is not easy but with some scrap wood and hinges you can make it happen.

I don't have a great solution, maybe something here will spark a better idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts