Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to start making my haunted trees and glowing logs that I found on here to go with my witch theme. I'm waiting for my supplies to arrive so I can start. A few frustrations is trying to buy supplies here in the UK. Either very expensive or extremely hard to find and I can't decorate until actual Halloween day because of stealing. The first Halloween here I only had a bowl set out, unattended, and that was stolen. And we have a seriously tiny yard but that's pretty typical of England.

I'm still so excited! I'm sure my yard from last year was on several British facebook pages. I also want to make some kind of hooded figure holding a lantern pointing towards down our street to guide people to our house. Of course that will be attended.

Anyone else starting on crafts? When do you normally start? Does anyone usually keep the same theme year after year like me and just add to it?

Here's my tiny yard and tiny display (but huge here in my area). I want to add 2 haunted trees on either side so the kids will have to walk between them to get the candy. I also want to place more spider webs to kinda "funnel" everything to me. We'll see what I can come up with!

Here's me in my first makeup, I look super silly cause my makeup sucks but I loved it anyway!

Here it is in action!
http://youtu.be/nCHHiBs6Np8

·
Registered
369 Posts
Give me a month and I will probably start brainstorming and crafting. I could now but I'm in the middle of 6 classes and finals. I've been in such a Halloween/fall mood...and its only April

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Samie. It's the first year I really feel comfortable getting into Halloween over here since last year was such a hit. It's made me want fall to get here asap.

Good luck with your finals!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Your caldron looks really great at night with the lights. And I love your cabinet. Do you call it a witches cabinet? I don't know how many kids you'll get to your house with your husband greeting them. They'll probably run away. lol As for when we start around here. Well, I'm collecting things for my 2015 haunt (dolls) and 2016 (clowns) so it more like the question my husband asks, "When do you stop?".

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Show them how we haunt ! Your place looks great and don't worry about the make-up it looks fine, you can work on it next time. Haunt on !:cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Here are the start of my haunted trees! It's the beginning of the roots that I used netting and expanding foam. It's curing right now so tomorrow I'll be able to sand them to my liking. I wasn't sure if I like the look to them before as you can see my foam is on the really heavy side and slide to the bottom but I think it'll give it a more natural look maybe? My kids are helping me as much as I'll let them (because let's face it, I also want it to look good) but I'm really happy they are just as into Halloween as they are Christmas. My husband's costume came in the mail today and when I took it out of the box, it floated away in a sea of hands like it was crowd surfing. :)

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,323 Posts
Wow, Cass, that's an AWESOME job!! My word, those are some of the best looking haunted trees I've ever seen. Very much looking forward to seeing your new additions paired with your haunt.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts