Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Ive been thinking about starting a vlog for awhile now. Ive thought of a million good topics to cover, how I want to film it, even how I want to be perceived online. My only problem seems to be a mixture of camera shyness/laziness. Anybody have a good idea to get the fire started? Or even ideas for topics to be covered? Anybody with any vlog experience to shed some light? Im listening.

·
Hauntless
8,332 Posts
Just be yourself and don't worry about being nervous. In fact, that nervous energy helps to show your passion about the subject. If you were all casual and gave off the impression you really didn't care - neither would your viewer. In the past I used to do several takes so I'd pick the best one in editing. Quickly learned that the first one always seemed more interesting because I was shooting more from the hip and was less rehearsed.

If you aren't very good at public speaking - consider reading this short and old book but still the go-to for learning how to speak in public: http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Easy-Way-Effective-Speaking/dp/0749305770

This is a quick summary of the main points of the book that to this day I still take to heart:

"Quick" discusses three things to do. First, be prepared. You can't talk intelligently about any topic, if you don't understand it. Second, try to speak to your interests. The more you care about something, the more interesting will be your speech. Third, remember your audience. Even if you love __________ (fill in the blank), you need to understand that your audience may not. Since, no speech is effective if you lose your audience, you have to remember their needs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts