Halloween Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
excellent idea with alittle more detail to crypt using magnetic candles....i may have to use your idea. but couldnt you of just used smaller magnets and just bore small hole in back of foam at corners and glue into place so magnet would be flush with back of foam? I think thats what i will do.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just a suggestion with your magnets, try putting a thin piece of felt on the magnets surface to avoid scratches. I've used high power magnets on a few different units that I work on and if the get bumped or shift in anyway the magnet will scratch the paint off and not think twice. Great idea though, I love the simple yet effective candle holders. It really adds a lot to the over all look!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Need an opinion I wanted to add glowing red eyes to one of the crypts and added a broken piece. The area exposed by the broken piece will be painted all black to give the illusion yo are looking into the dark crypt where a set of red eyes will be staring back at you(the eyes actually light up and glow). What do you guys think? yeah or nah I can easily put the piece back and just have it appear to be cracked but not missing.

WP_001293_zpsd983b718.jpg

·
Insane
1,061 Posts
looks awsome. could always make it seem like a skeleton part is coming out of one. it would be awsome if it was possible to make it look like a zombie is trying to escape but i like the eyes

·
Registered
38 Posts
I will be borrowing this idea for our home haunt next year... we are planning on doing a haunted cemetery themed home haunt.

Good work!

·
Registered
606 Posts
YES!!! DO EEET!!!! Skeleton hands coming out of the break would be AWESOME!!!! You are raising the bar!!! How did you do the eyes? Tutorial, please?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Here are a few pics showing how I did the eyes. I used a set of red glowing eyes that came with a mask I bought a few years ago and never used. I used my dremel to cut holes in the back of the foam that the eyes would fit firmly into. I then did the same thing for the battery box but i placed it behind one of the crypt stones so I made sure i had enough room to embed it in the foam and keep the foam even against the garage door.

WP_001289_zpsdbd8091d.jpg

WP_001290_zps4668e952.jpg

WP_001292_zps6221bca3.jpg

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks!

I'm actually gonna borrow your idea this year and do a garage haunt. Instead of using a magnet, I plan on building wood Belgian gate structure that can be put up easily and taken down, that will fit in my garage door opening. I plan on attaching the foam mausoleum panels to the outside of the Belgian gate.

I also plan on building two Belgian gates so I can leave an opening in the middle for TOT's to walk through to access a maze.

My plan is to leave my garage door open, insert the wood gates, attach the foam mausoleum crypt panels to seal in the garage door, hook up sfx, build a small maze inside the garage, and bam. A really cheap garage haunt.

Plan on walling the maze in with black plastic sheeting and pallets turned on their side that are secured to the gates and to the back wall.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks!

I'm actually gonna borrow your idea this year and do a garage haunt. Instead of using a magnet, I plan on building wood Belgian gate structure that can be put up easily and taken down, that will fit in my garage door opening. I plan on attaching the foam mausoleum panels to the outside of the Belgian gate.

I also plan on building two Belgian gates so I can leave an opening in the middle for TOT's to walk through to access a maze.

My plan is to leave my garage door open, insert the wood gates, attach the foam mausoleum crypt panels to seal in the garage door, hook up sfx, build a small maze inside the garage, and bam. A really cheap garage haunt.

Plan on walling the maze in with black plastic sheeting and pallets turned on their side that are secured to the gates and to the back wall.
If our garage wasnt our only means of storage I would love to do a garage haunt!

·
Registered
38 Posts
If our garage wasnt our only means of storage I would love to do a garage haunt!
I have same storage issue as you do. However I plan on building a lean-to storage shed on the side of my house. Once done I can use my garage as a home haunt this year, so next year I can do my home haunt outside!

I plan on using the existing privacy fence as part of the shed. I will post a picture and a how to guide of it because apparently a lot of us Haunters have the same issue, which is storage. All you need is a privacy fence and some scrap lumber, chicken wire, some nails, and some scrap tin roofing panels.

Have you paneled your attic space yet? I did that this winter and it added a ton of more room. The backyard lean-to will allow me to move the larger items out of the garage, and some of the new large props I'm going to build as well.

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
BigAnt & Eerie Effects, we are house hunting in Central FL & one of the criteria is either a 4th bedroom or a 3 car garage so that one bedroom or 1 bay of garage will be strictly for Halloween storage. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
BigAnt & Eerie Effects, we are house hunting in Central FL & one of the criteria is either a 4th bedroom or a 3 car garage so that one bedroom or 1 bay of garage will be strictly for Halloween storage. :D
If you look in Hernando County then you will find a bunch of 4 bedroom, 2 story homes that are on the market and are dirt cheap.

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
If you look in Hernando County then you will find a bunch of 4 bedroom, 2 story homes that are on the market and are dirt cheap.
Thanks for the info. but we need to stay in lake county. Hubby's job. There are a good number of houses in this area too, just have to wait until house in the North sells. Also, done with 2 story houses, unless there are 2 bedrooms on first floor (master & halloween storage). ;)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
24 Participants
Bethany
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing