Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had a similar idea for my garden theme this year inspired by the Battle of the Mounds in Conan the Barbarian, Vlad The Impaler, and generic undead/skeleton horde coming to life like Army of Darkness/Jason and the Argonauts, but then knocking up the first one realised it's extremely windy in my garden and the broader torsos with bits of armour tended to act like sails, knocking stuff over and would no doubt destroy the prop given a short period of time. So now i'm a bit stuck as to how I can keep everything sturdy and disrupt/break the wind a bit.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Started playing around with light tonight. I can't overstate how nice it is to be able to change the color of the light with a touch of a button. I was trying to decide which color is best then realized I have over 30 days. I can do different colors and effects every night :)

uploadfromtaptalk1443485990772.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1443486010845.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1443486031646.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1443486046602.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1443486062001.jpg

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a similar idea for my garden theme this year inspired by the Battle of the Mounds in Conan the Barbarian, Vlad The Impaler, and generic undead/skeleton horde coming to life like Army of Darkness/Jason and the Argonauts, but then knocking up the first one realised it's extremely windy in my garden and the broader torsos with bits of armour tended to act like sails, knocking stuff over and would no doubt destroy the prop given a short period of time. So now i'm a bit stuck as to how I can keep everything sturdy and disrupt/break the wind a bit.
Maybe dig deeper holes for the stakes to increase the sturdiness. I use a 24 inch pin thay you can get near the rebar at home depot to pre dig the holes. I hammer the pin about 12 inches into the ground stopping every 4 inches to move the pin around and widen the hole so I can put the stake deep into the ground. Once I get the stake in I tamp the dirt around it to firm it up. They are in the ground pretty good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's not so much the securing of stakes but securing the corpses (with all the armour bits on) to them and not have them ripped away by the wind. Nice lighting btw, i was thinking of using a fogger or something that would give me a low roiling fog at least and light that with an eerie glow, mix that with led eyes as if they are being animated by necromancy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what are you using for the lighting and how are you changing the colour with just the 'touch of a button?'

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
43 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts