Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First day of fall, decided to start decorating the inside. We have a good sized collection of Radko ornaments so use these all over. It's fun! Hope to start outdoors next week!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! It's fun getting them out and displaying them every year. The tree has purple lights on it so when they are on, it make the ornaments shine.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,301 Posts
Beautiful ornaments! I am in serious WANT for the black cat one. :eek:

(that and your gorgeous sideboard... is that tiger maple? I've only ever seen it stained with a light finish)

I just love the antique looking blown glass ornaments. I really need to start looking around for those.

:cool:

ETA: OMG you have a Bride and the other Universal Monsters!!!!! AAAAAHHHH! Those are so cool!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've never seen those ornaments. Where do you get them? And I love the ornaments on the chandelier. What a great idea!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful ornaments! I am in serious WANT for the black cat one. :eek:

(that and your gorgeous sideboard... is that tiger maple? I've only ever seen it stained with a light finish)

I just love the antique looking blown glass ornaments. I really need to start looking around for those.

:cool:

ETA: OMG you have a Bride and the other Universal Monsters!!!!! AAAAAHHHH! Those are so cool!
I love the cat one too. It's called "Mice Scream." There is a set of 6 Universal studios monsters; Frankie, bride, wolfman, dracula, creature from the black lagoon and the mummy. They came in a boxed set and are long retired. Too bad as they are really neat.
The sideboard is mahogany. It has some great detail in the finish and grain pattern.
Thanks!

I've never seen those ornaments. Where do you get them? And I love the ornaments on the chandelier. What a great idea!
The ornaments are from Christopher Radko. He has been making hand blown ornaments for years and has some awesome designs. He makes them for every holiday/season and special occasions.
Google his name and you'll find lots of info. He retires each style after a year or two. We have some from 20 years ago. Thanks for the kind words!

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Looking good Jdubbya - I like how you've worked the ornaments into other areas. Those are really cool!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Today I took advantage of the cool weather and hauled all the boxes out of the attic. I'll decorate a little at a time over the next week.

I LOVE Radko ornaments! They are among my very favorite things. If my wallet could stand a new collection obsession, that would be the one I would choose. Nice collection!

·
Registered
240 Posts
FANTASTIC!!!!

The decs look wonderful! I love your spell book too and the bust! I am desperately trying to finish mine:eek:

It all looks truly spooky :D

BW
:)

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I LOVE Radko ornaments! They are among my very favorite things. If my wallet could stand a new collection obsession, that would be the one I would choose. Nice collection!
Thanks. We started buying them many years ago before the kids got older and more expensive to keep. I'd hate to start a collection of them now.

Ditto to everyone else! I love your ornaments.
Thanks!

Looks good..do you conduct a "haunt" on the outside for Halloween??
Oh Yeah!!!

FANTASTIC!!!!

The decs look wonderful! I love your spell book too and the bust! I am desperately trying to finish mine:eek:

It all looks truly spooky :D

BW
:)
Thanks. Appreciate the kind words.

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Today I took advantage of the cool weather and hauled all the boxes out of the attic. I'll decorate a little at a time over the next week.

Hallow Madam L !! I Googled the artist sites for Radko - and I agree with you and everyone else! So beautiful - but my poor checkbook would run screaming! I wonder if there is something out there that resembles them - though not as priceless. Like you I would love to set up an ornament display.

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
First day of fall, decided to start decorating the inside. We have a good sized collection of Radko ornaments so use these all over. It's fun! Hope to start outdoors next week!
Hallow jdubbya!! These ornaments are so lovely. What a sweet collection! And your home and furnishings from the photos are the perfect setting. In your travels, have you ever found other similar ornaments that are less costly? My heart would break if I lost any this valuable - but my cats would have a field day with these "sparklies!" if I splurged to start a Radko collection! lol! Thanks again for sharing - truly lovely. BOO!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts