Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sooo excited to see the new Star Trek movie at the IMAX tonight. I made Star Trek shirts and Star Trek pins for my friend and I to wear tonight-see pics. The trailers are just amazing. Is anyone else going?

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
I want to see it myself but to many things on my plate. It looks great. Just watched X-men origins. That was great.

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
Yep

Saw it last Friday, definitely the best so far. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The acting is good, graphics top notch and action pretty much non stop. I actually went to the 10am show and it was PACKED.

Don't be discourage by people trying to find faults with it like trying to find inaccuracies vs. the original series and movies.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
I saw it this afternoon, and thought it was great. Non-stop action, great casting, special effects, and just enough inside jokes to keep the Star Trek fans ( I can never remember if they want to be called 'Trekkies' or 'Trekkers' :eek: ) happy, but it could stand on it's own, too. I really liked it.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought the chemistry between those young actors was fabulous. There was alot more humor than I expected, too. It was packed on opening night, but my friend and I were the only two that were dressed in costume! I was surprized, I thought everyone would be dressed, even here in Boise.

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
I watched it yesterday witha few friends....

I found it was good but I didnt have enough knowledge of it to know some of the parts of it....
And when we went there were only about 10 of us in the whole cinema....
Maybe it wasnt a thing for people in the area....

Ruggerz

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I liked the effects and all but I wasn't sure I liked what they did to the plot. It was like an alt-reality series. I am kind of old school in that respect.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I think I would like it better if they gave a hint that things would go back to the way it was. It is like everything you knew about star trek happens only in the eyes of one person. Spock. It just feels not right.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I saw it. I loved it.

As a fan of the orginal series I was most please with the actor that played "Bones". He looked the part.

I think Spock is the most changed character, but even he is still enough like the orginal to feel like the old show.

Any incosistancies with the orginal are explained by the story line. They have made it possible to do more movies or a new series.

·
Reaper Queen
8,621 Posts
I saw it yesterday, and loved it, fantastic movie! The story was great, didn't mind the alt reality bit, the characters were great tied in well with the originals, Scotty was a hoot, and toward the end, Kirk was "Kirk" , if that makes sense, Bones too. All in all, I loved it!! When they making another one????LOL!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts