Halloween Forum banner
1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Ghost of Spookie 
#1 ·
Something new from AtmosFearFX. Star Trek Beam Me Up projections. If you are a Star Trek fan, resistance will be futile! Not sure how people would use this in a haunt but sure someone will find a way...maybe the Borg are trying to board and collect alien species? or maybe you're a Discovery fan and use one of the beaming crew members as an introduction to a world you are about to explore? A number of ST crews to chose from.

https://atmosfx.com/collections/decorations/products/star-trek-beam-me-up]

Here's a few other things if you are going this route that might add that effect your want and kids would have fun or appreciate:

Bought one of these years ago from ThinkGeek -- Star Trek Door Chimes, a bunch being sold on ebay right now.

If you are looking for outer space views from your ship, search the curtains and shower curtains for outer space views on Amazon under "Ambesonne curtain galaxy ". Last time I was looking thru their offerings (I've used some of their Ancient Egyptian curtains as backdrops in my haunt theme) recall also seeing space ship corridors among their products. Then there's ThinkGeek who has a star ship corridor door cover on sale right now: https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/kkrh/ .

See less See more
#2 ·
Outside of Halloween, and xmas, which are holidays I think a large number of people generally decorate for, I really wonder if anyone other than a very small handful of people use any of the other stuff like this that they put out. Some of the stuff seems like it is geared towards a very small niche market.

#3 ·
I guess it depends if you have kids at home and do birthday parties. I do tend to look at things as, can it be halloween useful? I was shocked, delightfully so when I saw the Dinosaur themed ones when they came out since I had been adding to my HomeDepot/Walmart/CVS skeleton dinosaurs and wanting to do a halloween theme with them. The skeleton ones will be on display like a museum and then there will be the caged area ones that move thanks to the projections. Then I'll try to add in animated things and some light scares around the yard. I noticed in some of the reviews/comments for the dino projections that parents were using them as wall projections during a kids party and they said the kids loved it. Jurassic Park movies have been going on for a number of years and dinosaurs I guess are as popular as they were when I was a kid. I remember even getting small plastic-like dinosaurs in I think Post Sugar Crisp cereal as a kid. I don't use my projectors for anything but halloween however. Thats my big fun decorating push and feel its worth my the effort as it gets seen by a lot of kids on Halloween night and their parents. Since I live in an area where we don't really get snow on the valley floor, I potentially could see throwing up a window screen and projecting the realistic snow flakes around Xmas time but that's about it.

With Star Trek Discovery being popular right now the timing is probably good for the ST versions. I imagine it being used for parties mostly or cosplay events. But I do remember enjoying Bob and Kathy Burns' Halloween haunts based on space theme movies like Forbidden Planet, Aliens, The Thing and loved them so sure ST can be worked into something for the die hard fans. Guess the snow projection could be used in a The Thing haunt as it takes place in the Antarctica now that I think of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.