Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any coments or predictions on Detriot Vs Pittsburgh rematch post here.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's a shame that Detriot can't win on their own. They need powerplays, interference, and all around luck to. win. You can't say that about the penguins because we can score short handed and get the puck in the net useing skill rather than a lucky swat or bounce. Not all of Detriots goals are lucky, but most them come from a hectic scramble in front of the net or a lucky bounce of the wall of a stick of of Flurie and into the crossbar into the net. Pitt goals are skillful passing and determination. And if home ice is the big factor here it seems a little unfair that a game 7 would have to be played in Dtriot. But I'm going to say that skill will overcome luck, and we will see a repeat of the Cpitals and Penguins series with a blowout at the end for the Penguins.

·
Pyro
803 Posts
are you kidding me?...
You claim that Detroit is playing off of luck?!...
a 5-0 win is NOT luck, my friend.

You also claim that Detroit needs powerplays to score... if i remember correctly, it's the penguins whom the refs 'failed to see' have 6 men on the ice for over 20 seconds... only to call a rather soft penalty on Detroit that lead to a powerplay goal. You cannot say that the officiating is in favor of Detroit at ALL... it never has been, it never will be. The league loves Crosby too much and looks away most of the time when the 'beloved penguins' commit fouls.

Detroit is by FAR the more skillful team.
Zetterberg outplays Crosby EVERY GAME.
Fleury is weak between the pipes most of the time and wouldn't know how to absorb a puck if his life depended on it!
Lidstrom and Rafalski are the easily the top defensemen in the league.
With Hossa, Datsyuk, and Franzen, the Wings have 4 full lines of scoring potential.

Also, Home ice is the reward for having a good season. It's not unfair at all... the Penguins had as much of an opportunity to obtain home-ice advantage... they just didn't capitalize on it during the regular season.

Detroit is the top team... they will be the champions AGAIN this year...
The Penguins need to stop riding the marketing blitz that Bettman is giving them and learn how to dig in and play real hockey...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are not a fan of the Penguins you are not a fan of Crosby. You know that I know that Everyone knows that. If Pitt depends on penalties, how come we score short handed goals? Were are Detriots short handed goals? I'll admit that the Penguins got and had some bad panalties, but thats only because they were mad about the first ones that probably shouldn't have been called. And every anouncer says somthing about how the Red Wings interfear all the time and don't get caught. Don't say it's not a penalty if no one knows. Thats like saying it's not cheating if no one knows. Yes we had too many men on the ice. We did not score with too many men on the ice there was about 3 mins difference between too many men and the goal. I dislike Fluery's inconsistancy in the goal. But can Detriot just make a skillful pass play? Does it have to be a random scramble that bounces right into Detriot's stick for any easy tap in?
BTW. Zetterberg got owned in the fight after game 2

·
Reaper Queen
8,628 Posts
I didn't want to get in this discussion, too much emotion riding on these types of things, and I must admit I know nothing of hockey, but do watch the play offs, for my home state guys, I know so little I can't remember the guys name, but a player from Detroit came back from a ankle injury, and I do know that I saw penguin guys purposely hitting his bad ankle with the stick,trying to re-injure him, no matter what sport you play, that is bad sportmanship.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it's bad sportsmanship for Detriot fans to boo the penguins for winning the cup on their ice, and for the fans to cheer when Crosby got hurt. Doesn't matter because the Penguins are great and that's why they won.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts