Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I've found some great ideas "suggested" to me by Pinterest. I love that they know me so well... actually it scares the heck out of me. Anyway, I saw some haunters (maybe even someone on our boards) posing skelies in funny ways. I've always thought of doing things like this, but just never really got around to it. Anyone have suggestions on how to get skelies to stand "on their own" in the graveyard like in the picture below?

Obviously we can see the rod holding them up, but is it PVC, steel rods, or a combination? I was thinking drive approximately a three to four foot steel rod into the ground, but since they rust cover it with a black painted PVC pipe. I'm guessing that's what the person did in the picture below. But then how do you attach it securely to the skeleton? It looks like this person used black zip ties, but I can't really see it.

Thoughts? Anyone have a better way? Thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah, rebar and zip ties. If you don’t want to see anything attaching them you can use fishing line instead of zip ties.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Crazy Bonez Pose-N-Stay Skeleton Stand
If you have Crazy Bonez Pose-N-Stay skeletons you can purchase metal skeleton stands specifically made for these skeletons on Amazon ($19.99 plus shipping). Unfortunately, the white stand would still be visible in your exhibit. Type Crazy Bonez Pose-N-Stay Skeleton Stand in the Amazon.com search bar for a look.

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
534 Posts
There is a great tutorial here on the forum for exactly this.

Involves screwing the joints on place and running rebar through the foot and inside the leg bone.

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All great suggestions! Thanks all so much!

I really like the idea of running rebar inside the leg bones, but that sounds like a lot of work, and I already have a bunch of skeletons from HD. I'd hate to restart my collection. Completely hidden support is a very attractive thought, but a lot of work for perfection. :)

The shepherd hook is totally doable. And not sure why I hadn't thought of conduit piping. Not only is it cheap, but easily bendable to shape behind leg bones and make them a little less visible. The one issue I can think of, after bending it, it might be hard to drive into the ground. I'll figure it out though. Maybe soak the ground in that area making it easier to push down by hand.

·
Typing Away
3,463 Posts
it might be hard to drive into the ground. I'll figure it out though. Maybe soak the ground in that area making it easier to push down by hand.
You can get 3/8" rebar and cut that 2' lengths and drive them into the ground and slip the conduit over it. Will work great if you use !/2" conduit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts