Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Psychomaniac
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally got around to staining our Bucky today. We purchased Min-Wax walnut stain. I didn't get the gel based version on the theory that the regular stain would flow into the cracks better and it turned out to do just that. With a foam brush and a few paintbrushes my wife, daughter and I had him all stained in less than an hour. We put down a drop cloth to catch the mess. Doing a few tests and messing with the color we decided to not wipe off the stain. We just left it on and let it dry. The color looks great and it's shiny so he looks quite juicy...

If I were to do another one I'd probably using mahogany instead of walnut for a slightly redder texture but he still looks good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very nice. It's cool that your family gets involved. My wife thinks I'm nuts (she's right). My daughter just turned one so I've got time to win her over to my side!

·
Capt o' the Mourning Star
600 Posts
That is way cool.........great job:D!!!!!!

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
Nice job on the bucky. Looks like you might have a future haunter there too. She looks like she's enjoying herself. Good job.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Looks great! He looks very similar to the bucky I stained this year - I used Minwax Gel Stain in the Aged Oak color, and I also didn't wipe it off. LOVE the look! I can't wait to see yours in the pincher!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts