Halloween Forum banner

stain over stain?

Static: 
2K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  spookydave 
#1 ·
my coffin is due for a facelift, we built it 16 yrs ago,my issue is , can you stain over stain? i would like to stain it black but don't want to sand it down to bare wood, don't want to ruin it either, its kinda nice lol, if anyone has experience with this plz chime in with your opinions, thx Transport Vehicle Technology Room Floor
Wood Material property Hardwood Flooring Fashion accessory

See less See more
#9 ·
I am pretty sure if you used wood conditioner (or spit coat) 1st, before the darker stain, it would have come out much darker.
I haven't tried it myself but saw it on an old PBS TV show (The furniture guys).

P.S. if you never saw them they are hysterical and informative. (And from right here in Philly.)

#10 ·
i'm actually pretty happy with the new look, I did want it darker at first but I like the ''old'' look it has now. it doesn't show well in the pic, but the highlights it has now look great. now to get the interior redone! fun stuff.

#17 ·
There's a lot of controllers that will work for this that you don't need any computer skills to set up, I call them Key Bangers. Programming is done via buttons on the controller. I don't personally use them as I like the much greater capabilities of true programmable controllers. Once you use them and begin to learn writing code they are very addictive and well worth the effort to learn. I use EFX-TEK controllers for most of my props, the PROP-1 controller is a staple for most props. EFX-TEK has one of the best user forums for their products and there is always someone there to help out and even write a program for you. Give it shot, I don't know anyone who has been sorry they did. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.