Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ST 200 (scary terry) circuit for my Talking Bucky I've only had it a few days but at this time I'm not impressed with the Jaw movement (I'm spoiled from VSA), does anyone have any tricks regarding calibration or should I consider a Auto Talk card?

·
Insane Genius
1,251 Posts
I have a ST 200 (scary terry) circuit for my Talking Bucky I've only had it a few days but at this time I'm not impressed with the Jaw movement (I'm spoiled from VSA), does anyone have any tricks regarding calibration or should I consider a Auto Talk card?

Autotalk == far better than ST200

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
I used an Autotalk for a couple of years; it was the first version that BPE sold. I was using ISD chips as the sound source. When I switched over to using MP3 players, I found that I couldn't get the nearly the same action as with ISDs. I spoke to BPE about it, and they advised inserting a small amp after the MP3 player to boost the signal. Apparently the ISD voltage output is ~2VDC and the MP3 player is far below that value. The ST100/200 boards I have work very well with MP3 players. I know that BPE has upgraded to the Autotalk IIE (or something like that) and this version may handle MP3 players. For the money, I'll stick with the ST boards and build a "beep" track to drive the servo.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
again it's not VSA but after doing the above procedure, I'm very happy with the action.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts