Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I happen to get a second chance by a Spirit Store this year. Went in and started looking at the animatronics. One of the sales reps pointed out this: Animated Rise From the Grave Grim Reaper in Decorations Animatronics / Animations which was not at the previous store I went to. I looked at it and kind of shrugged it off. The pop up was cool, but the reaper is not the best of quality. Then he said the magic words: IT COMES WITH A REMOTE CONTROL. :eek:

I was sold! :D I think for the money it is a good starter pop up prop. I plan to see if I can modify him this winter. Move his electronics into a better shell. But for the most part, I can't wait to hear the screams he brings.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wonder what the range is on the remote? Ours is working fine. Last night I set it up around the corner in the hallway. Then let me 2 year old daughter hold the remote from about 30 feet back. When momma walked around the corner, she hit the button and gave her a good scare. That alone was worth the $40.

·
Registered
448 Posts
did u go to the spirit store website first?..u join there membership "club" or whatever they call it and u would have gotten a coupon..i have gotten 3 so far

·
crossfit zombie
7,604 Posts
Saw the reviews too, seems like you need to avoid the rain when using it.
That's true for most store bought animatronics.I kill myself putting the stuff out and bringing it in everyday when it's not raining.I have 5 animatrionics-4 pumpkinrots-projector and dvd player to lug in and out everyday.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I walked into Menards last night to find the same prop currently on sale at $30. Only difference is that it didnt have the Spirit logo. Kind of bummed that this isn't a Spirit only prop. Still think it is great!

Last year my scare prop was a remote control spider. I heard the neighbor girl talking to her friend about the spider, so I knew I had to get something new this year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts