I don't know if this is a common thing to do with fog machines, but figured I'd share my experience.
I got a chauvet 1301 fog machine last weekend for my front lawn. it kicks out a lot of fog, but only covers a small area before the wind takes it so only a small part of the display gets the fog effect.
Today I bought 50 feet of 2 inch pvc pipe, a T joint, 3 connectors and 2 caps.
1. I drilled 3/16 holes every foot in the pipes.
2. Put 3 lengths of the pipe to one side of the T and 2 to the other.
3. I fitted the pipes together using the T and the connectors.
4. I put the caps on each end of the pipe.
5. I cut a 1 foot length of the 2 inch pvc to the last part of the T connector.
6. I hooked the other end of the 1 foot pvc to the fog machine.
I turned it on and got a nice spread of fog across the entire lawn. It works pretty well and took about a 1/2 hour to set up. We'll worth the time to
me. I hope this helps someone with the same concerns as me.