Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Grand WaZoo
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Ghouls and Ghoulett’s,

I thought you might like to see the efforts of this year’s Halloween spectacular at Jones Hollow Cemetery.

This year’s haunt was a smashing success with succeeding in scaring the wits out of lots of trick or treaters and even some of their parents! We had visitors coming to take photos and videos again this year who said this is the third or fourth year they have been to our Halloween extravaganza and they will be back next year. Every year it seems like the numbers increase but since I was so busy it was very hard for me to gauge how many kids visited, but I would safely guess between 150 to 200 children visited this year’s haunt, and for our small aging neighborhood that’s allot!

I’d really like to give my sister and brother in-law big special thanks for helping out this year. My little sister was my fortune teller and did one smashing job with awing the kids with her powers to “see the future”! Her husband was indispensable helping me run the haunt and even more so helping me put away and store the tons of junk that make up Jones Hollow Cemetery. I’d also like to thank our very own ‘Mad Doctor’, Mrs. Spookzilla co-worker and our friend for helping out with passing out the treats to the kids.

This year’s haunt was bigger and better then ever, starting with a complete mausoleum rebuild; Voodoo Swamp Priestess fortune teller tent; mechanical witch prop on the roof; the edited movie, Nosferatu, playing on our picture window by a LED projector inside the house (thanks Victor-eyd!); and since we are in Lexington, the capital of BBQ in NC, we even had Ed the ‘Pig Man’ coming up out of the grave. That and a lot of other new touches to the cemetery I think made it a smashing success. I don’t know how I can get any bigger, as the crowds expect of me each year, without hiring some help and building a new large storage building for all my Halloween and the Mrs. retched Christmas decorations, bah humbug! It’s kind of turned into a haunted nuclear arms race that leaves me exhausted but happy that I frightened the wits out of some children on this Halloween.

rebelfederal/Halloween08 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Spookzilla

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Looks great SZ! Nice props and sounds like you had an excellent turnout and some appreciative guests. Awesome set-up!

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Spookzilla, what a great pictures. I especially love the witch on the roof and I'm glad things worked out for your fortune tellers tent. I must say, you and Mrs. Spookzilla make a nice looking couple. Well she looks beautiful, but you look like you could use some Vitamin D. Keep up the good work...you know you can't slow down.

·
Grand WaZoo
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but you look like you could use some Vitamin D
Pardon Madame,
Thank you! But Vitamin D oh no!!! Maybe more worms and maggots to crawl through my rotting flesh but Vitamin's, it took years in the grave to achieve my fair complextion.

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Pardon Madame,
Thank you! But Vitamin D oh no!!! Maybe more worms and maggots to crawl through my rotting flesh but Vitamin's, it took years in the grave to achieve my fair complextion.
Well, perhaps my observation was a blinded by the very vision of beauty standing next to you. If she finds your pallor attractive then who am I to say? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I see she be holding you (giggle).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts