Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Beware of the wand!
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my fellow haunters! I have created a new group called "Spooky Treats and Eats". As a cake decorator and chocolate workman, I am addicted to recipes and awesome foods with a certain "look" about them. And no, they don't have to be sweet. ;) I'm still the goofy one who cooks the "foot" shaped meatloaf with the "bloody" stump from time to time. :D I've seen various threads here with some great foods, drinks, and desserts and would love to have them in one general area, especially for those of us who want a quick reference place for such things. I know there are other very talented cooks here (Mizerella - *shameless poke* :p ) of which I'd love to see their work featured!

Need help planning a menu? Want to show off your latest edible creation? Found a cool recipe you want to share? Spooky Treats and Eats is the place!

To join click:

http://www.halloweenforum.com/groups/spooky-treats-eats.html

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
how about maggot dip?

just use your favorite dip recipe and stir in cooked brown rice and also place more brown rice on top when done. surround with prtezel logs (sticks) to resemble twigs and enjoy! :D

the brown rice or wild rice resembles the maggots

·
Registered
302 Posts
pukin punkin......

use a small pumpkin and carve as desired but with the mouth carve wide open as if he is puking.
place guacamole dip on the serving platter with the pumpkin as if it is barfing .
for the chips i use the blue corn chips.

i would post pics but im new on here and havent figured out how to add images to replies yet lol

·
Beware of the wand!
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,009 Posts
pukin punkin......

use a small pumpkin and carve as desired but with the mouth carve wide open as if he is puking.
place guacamole dip on the serving platter with the pumpkin as if it is barfing .
for the chips i use the blue corn chips.

i would post pics but im new on here and havent figured out how to add images to replies yet lol
You mean like this?

I did one back in 2009. Worked really well. I used spinach dip with veggies tho.

I'll join. I may not contribute as much as I'm not sure I'm doing a party this year, but I'm fascinated with what is out there. :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
lol yes! thank you Frankie's Girl :D
but with the green guacomole it seems to add that extra...yuk effect lol

and thank you as well GiggleFairy for the invite, i cant wait to see all the interesting recipes and party ideas etc.!!

has anyone seen the Truck Stop Toilet dish yet?

·
Registered
13,830 Posts
Got the invite and like the idea of the group but could you explain the idea behind a "group" as oppose to just logging in here and posting?...sorry I'm just not up on the social networking kind of stuff and which is why I don't "friend" people here on the forum. Just really don't get the point of it.

BTW love the meat head plate. I probably have a few photos I've linked to on the forum before that I could repost.

·
Beware of the wand!
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the invite and like the idea of the group but could you explain the idea behind a "group" as oppose to just logging in here and posting?...sorry I'm just not up on the social networking kind of stuff and which is why I don't "friend" people here on the forum. Just really don't get the point of it.

BTW love the meat head plate. I probably have a few photos I've linked to on the forum before that I could repost.

The point was not having to search through pages and pages of posts or threads when looking for recipes, sharing, and/or showing off foods and drinks. The group is for consumables and is more specific than posting in the Party Ideas, Experiences and Recipes category. There are several members here who are very experienced in making edibles and drinks and having a localized area for like-minds is ideal. It's easier to pick their brains! :p Additionally, the group offers the ability to post pics which can be contributed by many members, yet placed in one album and not in multiple threads and/or categories.

There are groups on the forum for various specific interests, e.g., Graveyard Photography, Halloween Graphics, Templates and Tutorials, Klownz, Pirates, Zombies, geographical locations, etc., all of which we have the option to join if these groups are of special interest to us. If not, no harm, no foul.

It's kind of like this - if I was a fanatic about corpsing, I'd join the group on corpsing so I could bounce ideas back and forth, learn new techniques, ask questions, so forth and so on.

Does this help clarify your questions?

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I like this thread! I've been so bummed lately after hubby was diagnosed diabetic and have been thinking halloween is pretty much over for us :(
I see some things mentioned already he can have but still don't know how I am going to do without the cakes and sweets. Not to mention what to do with the leftover candy bars from TOTers.

·
Chocolate is my BFF!
4,227 Posts
I like this thread! I've been so bummed lately after hubby was diagnosed diabetic and have been thinking halloween is pretty much over for us :(
I see some things mentioned already he can have but still don't know how I am going to do without the cakes and sweets. Not to mention what to do with the leftover candy bars from TOTers.

that gotta be tough. I would not even know how live either... dang. I really gotta take better care of myself.:p

1 - 20 of 190 Posts