Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Just saw the clock on Michael's website. It is $130. I would definitely need a 50/60% coupon to buy that. Looks like most of the Lemax Spookytown for 2019 will be available July 19th. FIngers crossed.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Anyone know of the best place to sell older pieces? Besides Ebay? I kinda went overboard a couple years ago being new to Spooky Town and bought quite a few buildings from various places, only to come to the conclusion that I just don’t have the space for it all. So I’ve decided that even though I love these pieces, this isn’t something that I can continue to collect, and will just have to admire everyone’s setups from afar. I might keep a couple of my favorites, but the rest has to go (as you all know, you need storage space for it all as well!)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Spirits Vineyard - I did the same thing, leaving me with a few Lemax buildings that I know I won't use. Still thinking about what i want to do about that. I always buy from Ebay, but I am sure there are other sites you can sell them on. Hopefully you will get some good replys to your question.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I’m hoping I can find someone locally who might be interested in several. The problem as everyone knows who collects these pieces, they are very fragile and pieces break off easily. Heck, even the few pieces I’ve bought from Michaels online arrived broken. I know they can sometimes be easily fixed with a little glue, but still. The hassle of it all. It would be great if I didn’t have to ship them. Anyway, first things first though....I need to go through them all to make a list and take pics!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Yes, the Lemax buildings are fragile. I would prefer to sell locally too. Have you ever checked out Offer up or Letgo? I think you can sell locally and have the buyer pick it up. Not sure, but check those sites out. I know someone that has sold some of her collectibles on Craigslist with the buyer picking the items up. Sounds like you have many buildings that you wish to sell. I wish you the best with that.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I must have the haunted library... and garden of eaten! Decisions, decisions!!

Those of you wanting to downsize your collections - where are you located?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Yes, the Lemax buildings are fragile. I would prefer to sell locally too. Have you ever checked out Offer up or Letgo? I think you can sell locally and have the buyer pick it up. Not sure, but check those sites out. I know someone that has sold some of her collectibles on Craigslist with the buyer picking the items up. Sounds like you have many buildings that you wish to sell. I wish you the best with that.
I think I have around 30, but will keep under 5. There are a few that I just love and can appreciate outside of the whole collection aspect. I haven’t used Offer or Letgo, Bit o have heard of them. I guess I assumed they would be similar to Nextdoor. Not sure if you’ve used that app but I’ve been on there since the beginning and have sold and given away free all sorts of stuff and from my experience, people aren’t interested unless it’s dirt cheap. I’ve heard horror stories about Craigslist, so I never go on there! I might check out Facebook market or see if there are any buy/sell FB groups before resorting to EBay.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Wow that’s surprising! I would think the west coast would be up with all the latest technology (if you want to call it that). It’s actually a very useful site, beyond the selling capability. A lot of times I will save all of my online shopping boxes, bubble wrap, and packing paper until I have a bunch and then post for free on Nextdoor. Someone is always looking for moving boxes. It’s a great way to recycle!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have also heard of the Craigslist horror stories, that is what is keeping me away from buying/selling on that site. Although, the friend who sold/bought through them did not have any problems. Nonetheless, I steer clear of them. I have seen some items on Mercari, but their review are horrible. So, of course, I have not bought from them either. Has anyone on this forum bought from Mercari? If so, what was your experience?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Anytime you buy or sell with Craigslist or other similar sites, just make sure to meet in a public place. Most police stations now have an area where people can meet to do these types of transactions.

As for Nextdoor, I assume bigger areas like Seattle and Portland have it. I live in a very small, rural area so I guess not enough people are interested in it. Probably because they all know each other already! I have only lived here about 2 years so I'm very much an "outsider".

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Last fall I went on a Mercari buying spree, buying some of the hard to find (or not finding at all) Rae Dunn mugs and other pottery pieces. I think I must’ve made at least 30 separate purchases, and out of that I had 2 items that arrived broken. All I did was send pics of the broken items and they refunded me. And then there was one seller that sent me a defective canister and tried to tell me I was a liar, but in the end Mercari refunded me once I shipped the item back (to which they sent me a prepaid label). Other than those few instances, which their customer service helped out with, my experiences on there were fine and really no different than EBay. In fact, with all the pottery I ordered I’m surprised I didn’t have more that was broken during shipping, but I found that most of the Rae Dunn sellers are experienced and would pack their items up like a Fort Knox. I would buy on there again for sure!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Spirits Vineyard - Thank you so much for sharing your Mercari experience. I think I might just give them a chance and order a couple of items that I have been watching.

Ladyfrog - You are right - you have to meet in a public place. I believe that is what my friend did when she bought/sold on Craigslist. You have to be safe.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I don’t think so. I only have buildings and I can’t think off the top of my head what buildings out there were pirate themed. I won’t know for sure until I go thru what I have though! I’ll post a list here once I’ve had a chance to do that.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts