Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The 2019 Spooky Town has some discussion on the thread "Collecting to Create Halloween Displays - Not Just the Boney Bunch ". I talked about the 2019 collection and its availability. Check out that thread. I believe the post is dated 3/30/19.

·
Moonlighter
2,593 Posts
I've been drooling over the new lineup for a while now. I keep changing my mind about what I want. So hard to decide when you don't have room for everything. I think I'm most excited about Graveyard Party, although that one will probably be the most expensive this year. Once I saw the video of it in action it really won my heart (I'll try to post a link to the video below.) So many details and action! It reminds me of the older Lemax pieces that were offered in earlier years. I also like the Ghouly Grocer for my "town" section. And I think I'll have to buy Spooky Winner for my residential area. Another house for the TOTers to visit! And anybody with a carnival theme will love the Tilt-n-Hurl. I know Doug (ThisDougsforYou on the Forum) will love all the pumpkin farm pieces this year. I think Lemax did a great job of offering something for everybody this time around. Can't wait to see these in person!

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I had space for more, in fact I have to trim back. This is the year to downsize to what I have room for then get rid of the rest. So upload those pix and videos of your village so I can see what I'm missing:)

·
Moonlighter
2,593 Posts
Well I gotta say that at the least the music is better on this year's Graveyard Party than it has been on some of the other buildings in years past. Some of those older, repetitive soundtracks could drive one to drink. :D

·
Moonlighter
2,593 Posts
Well sooner is always better than later, LOL, but I usually start when Michaels gets the new stuff in. If memory serves, that's usually around end July to early August. Once I see the new pieces in person and make those first purchases, I get bitten by the village bug and want to start my display. My dream is to someday have a designated spot where I could leave my village up year-round. I could do a lot more detail work on it if it was in a permanent location and I had more time to tinker with it throughout the year. I think you have a permanent setup, don't you BilllyBones? I remember you posted some pretty expansive display pics in years past. I don't know how you'd ever decide which ones to part with for a down-sizing. Do you have a favorite "I'll never part with that!" piece? :)

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Downsizing means getting rid of all the pieces like bases and platforms, over the years as the village got bigger I kept making new bases. So this year each house will have a forever base, everything left over goes. This is what I been working on, just waiting for some street lights (not Spooky Town) to finish it.

P1020112.jpg
P1030183.jpg

·
Moonlighter
2,593 Posts
That is so cool!.....I wish I had the money to buy one as a model to build a life size version.....Could you imagine THAT in your front yard....Oh if money were no object....ZR
I'm almost afraid to see how much they're going to charge for this one...eek! :eek:

Love the Garden of Eaten one. Reminds me of Little Shop of Horrors :D
I love that one too! I have Hemlock's nursery and the Spooktacular Boo-quets shop. That might look great parked next door! :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
This years line up is fantastic! I think this is the first time I've ever wanted 4, as in really really wanted to have them. I'm going to prioritize the haunted library and the Garden of Eaten for sure though. I love them!!!

These usually hit stores in June/July right, at Michael's? It seems like they come in super early every year.

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Oh Spookywolf he's darling - where is he from? Looking over the this years line-up, I'm partial to the Library, and also like the clock. Can't wait to see them in person yeah seems like Micheal's tends to put them out after back-to-school, as does Menard's if you have one of those near you exlibrisnyx.

·
Moonlighter
2,593 Posts
Oh Spookywolf he's darling - where is he from? Looking over the this years line-up, I'm partial to the Library, and also like the clock. Can't wait to see them in person yeah seems like Micheal's tends to put them out after back-to-school, as does Menard's if you have one of those near you exlibrisnyx.
Zero is a Dept 56 piece. The best price I found for him was on Amazon. I'm really excited for the Lemax pieces this year too. They have several I want. Can't wait til they release in stores so I can see them up close. :D

·
Moonlighter
2,593 Posts
Can someone remind me if Michaels sells all the new Lemax products each year or just the "Michaels Exclusives" pieces? Looking on the Lemax site it looks like Graveyard Party and Spooky Winner are not listed as Michaels Exclusives.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Can someone remind me if Michaels sells all the new Lemax products each year or just the "Michaels Exclusives" pieces? Looking on the Lemax site it looks like Graveyard Party and Spooky Winner are not listed as Michaels Exclusives.
They will sell some non-exclusives but not many. usually its smaller pieces so I wouldnt count on the graveyard party.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts