Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 361 Posts

·
Monster Collector
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2015 collection should be shown here around the first week of March, plus we can use this thread for general postings such as new scores or wish lists for Spooky Town.

·
Monster Collector
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been browsing evilbay for some deals. I picked up these few items on the cheap. The figurines were no more than $2 a piece. The Chaney Wolfman was a bit more at $12, but worth it as I've seen it much higher. The lighted accessory is one that I have wanted for a while. It was from Lemaxs' short lived Harvest Collection.

·
Monster Collector
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've started on a new display area for my Spooky Town. One that will allow me to add new pieces and expand space if needed. Going to also start a series of videos sharing my build process as well as some homemade landscape accessory ideas.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Can't wait to see your ideas. I redid mine last year and am aiming for another complete re-do so look forward to your ideas and advice. I had good intentions but my porch measurements where I display it were out of whack. I also realized multileveling is very important. I tried numerous heights to improve the look but kept adding on in the front and after setting it all up realized it was very hard to see a lot of the figures and such with just the slight height variation I ended up with for the few feet in front. I'm actually contemplating the hot wire sculpting tool after spending so much time on stairs too. I really like the way they come out but haven't yet justified the price. We'll see. I hate admitting this but It's still set up on my porch. I live in the frigid NE and weather turns so fast after Halloween I never got around to taking it down. My rationalization is It will be much easier to redo when I can judge by exactly where I went wrong.

·
Halloween Nut
2,942 Posts
Shadowbat, thanks for the video. I am looking forward to seeing more. Last year, I displayed mine on one of those 6 ft folding tables from Costco. I quickly realized it would not be enough room for what I had in mind with future additions like you noted. I think at a minimum, I will need anothe identical tble placed side by side, not end to end to do what I envision. Even then, I'm not sure 6 feet will be wide enough.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I was looking at the new Dept. 56 pieces for this year. All of my buildings are Spooky Town as they're more in my price range but I do have a few Dept. 56 accessories so I took a look. I'm loving this spooky gate and am always on the hunt for trees and am liking this crow one. They are suggested at $45 for the gate and $20 for the tree. Kind of pricey as usual for their stuff so I haven't made up my mind on pre-ordering yet. We'll see. Here's a look at them.

Attachments

·
Monster Collector
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going to be doing a video on making your own trees. I love the Lemax trees, but man, they are pricey for what they are. You pay more for a tree than you do a figurine. Lots more.

Reactions: Spookywolf

·
Registered
634 Posts

·
Monster Collector
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Monster Collector
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are so welcome Shadowbat, so happy that you like them. Love the Into the Witches Brew carnival game and a lot of the different figures this year.

I love the new pumpkin patch, scarecrow farmer, and wagon. Those 3 are definite buys for me. I can't wait to see the full line up.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Nativity scene Figurine Shrine Architecture Temple
Carriage Wagon Horse and buggy Cart Vehicle
t
I was looking at the new Dept. 56 pieces for this year. All of my buildings are Spooky Town as they're more in my price range but I do have a few Dept. 56 accessories so I took a look. I'm loving this spooky gate and am always on the hunt for trees and am liking this crow one. They are suggested at $45 for the gate and $20 for the tree. Kind of pricey as usual for their stuff so I haven't made up my mind on pre-ordering yet. We'll see. Here's a look at them.
Those two are on my wish list. Just bought on Amazon Rest In Peace & Haunted Hearse at half price:)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Costco also has 8ft tables does not fold in half also 9ft round
My spooky town was attacked by my cats so I have to fix it we also need more room to add more

·
Registered
972 Posts
That makes me want to craft shadow bat! When will you have your tree one up?

1 - 20 of 361 Posts