Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to paint. The other night I had a weird dream about some monster dolls that had elements that made them look great in blacklight. I might eventually try to make them but I thought I'd start with painting them. First though, I started with an old friend. This is just a work in progress. I intend to make them glow in blacklight but not look too obnoxious in regular light. Starting them all as greyscale and adding the colour later.

Here is my first WIP.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,826 Posts
I really like it! I'm not even sure that adding color would be necessary as it has a really creepy old school vibe (I like grayscale artwork) but color could be pretty awesome too...

They did a really cool effect with blacklight paints for the movie Orphan where all her painting/drawings looked normal until someone turned on the fishtank's light that happened to be blacklight and then all of them became gruesome, bloody and scary stuff. This reminds me of the scary stuff so if you do end up doing blacklight paints, that would make them really wicked looking. :)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I want to do a subtle thing so it still looks good in regular light. Nothing too psycadeliacheese,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts