Halloween Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is probably fake, but I think it is so intriguing.

An online newspaper is reporting that an apparition was captured on camera at a palace. Supposedly, this is the ghost of a nursemaid that attended Elizabeth I. Her name was Dame Sybil Penn, dubbed "The Grey Lady, and supposedly died from contracting smallpox.

Room Property Interior design House Lighting

Room Building Interior design House Living room

This site is known for several hauntings and apparitions of many ghosts appearing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-died-small-pox-nursing-Elizabeth-palace.html (link to article)

·
Registered
20,817 Posts
Based on how ghosts are described to be, that one is far too solid, looking the same density as the person in the photo. The tale and its supposed appearance are interesting, though.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,573 Posts
And the Daily Mail isn't the most reputable site either. It's like TMZ only worse & less reputable if that's possible. It's a great celeb gossip & pic site, but other than that it's kinda horrible.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
So.. the "Tourist" in the pictures is.. ? 3 feet tall? and the ghost is 7--8ft. tall?
So many sightings they never get to see the majority of the ghostly body. there maybe no lower legs or a missing upper body ,and bright ,bold colored clothing?
If the picture is of a real ghost,I would like to know more about the entire event. what kind of camera? What time of the day or night was it? what was the date? Is there any historical significance to the date the ghost was seen?
If ghosts looked this blatant, I think many fresh piles of waste product would be found where it is not supposed to be.
Don't get me wrong, I have had many odd experiences right here in my house and i can never forget them,but this one??

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Very intriguing!

There is a place in St. Francisville, LA called The Myrtles and is supposed to be haunted.

People have taken pictures and sometimes an outline or figure come out in the pictures. And there is no explanation.

I live in the New Orleans area where there are many haunted houses. I still need to take one of the haunted tours.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very intriguing!

There is a place in St. Francisville, LA called The Myrtles and is supposed to be haunted.

People have taken pictures and sometimes an outline or figure come out in the pictures. And there is no explanation.

I live in the New Orleans area where there are many haunted houses. I still need to take one of the haunted tours.
Isn't New Orleans supposed to be the most haunted city in America? It certainly is a beautiful and spooky place. Interview with a Vampire, a season of American Horror Story, etc, have made me think there is a huge tradition of spookiness in New Orleans. I'd love to take a ghost tour.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts