Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All through the month of October we do a Friday spooky family movie night. My kids are ages 5-10 so we cant have anything to scary. We choose a movie and make some type of sweet treat to go with the theme. Examples are Haunted Mansion, we made a haunted house cake, Great pumpkin Charlie brown we made popcorn balls shaped like pumpkins. Hocus Pocus we did Witch hat cupcakes.
The only one I have planned for this year is Ghostbusters with glow in the dark jello or ectoplasm (from pinterest recipe).
Im positive you guys have some good suggestions for me :)
What family friendly movie would you suggest with what kind of treat?

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My 5 year old loves beetlejuice.... I haven't seen fun size though, ill check that one out and of course Nightmare before Christmas, my kids say its my life story! We were at the grand canyon and I was taking pictures of spooky trees. Only you Mom would see Halloween in the Grand Canyon they said to me, haha... oh well, the Halloween bug bit me hard when I was just a little kid. I see Halloween in everything everywhere

·
Seer of All
2,937 Posts
How about Paranorman and Hotel Transylvania? Some simple spooky treats we used to make were "monster toes" which are cocktail franks wrapped with strips of flour tortilla and baked, and spaghetti and "eyeballs", where you make your regular meatballs but add a sliced of stuffed greed olive to make it look like an eye. My kids used to love these - actually, at 22 and 26 they still do! ;)

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
My 5 year old loves beetlejuice.... I haven't seen fun size though, ill check that one out and of course Nightmare before Christmas, my kids say its my life story! We were at the grand canyon and I was taking pictures of spooky trees. Only you Mom would see Halloween in the Grand Canyon they said to me, haha... oh well, the Halloween bug bit me hard when I was just a little kid. I see Halloween in everything everywhere
I see Halloween everywhere, too. Check out this tree pic.

Ps, When Good Ghouls Go Bad, and The Halloween Tree.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hocus Pocus, When Good Ghouls Go Bad, Worst Witch, Littlest Vampire, Halloween Town, Disney's Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Haunted Mansion, Van Helsing, The Mummy, Young Frankenstein, Tower of Terror, Something Wicked This Way Comes, Monster Squad, Universal Classic monster movies- Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolf-Man, Mummy, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Casper, ParaNorman, Coraline, Corpse Bride, Episodes of The Munsters or Addams Family, Mad Monster Party, Ghost & Mr. Chicken, Clue, The Private Eyes, Them! (1954), Tarantula (1955), Day the Earth Stood Still (1959), Godzilla

·
Registered
73 Posts
Edward ScissorHands. A very Quirky movie that would be good for A Halloween Night. That or The Night Before Christmas. Pumpkin Pie as a sweet treat? I usually watch Jason Voorhese or Micheal Myers movies with my family... Granted all my kids are teens.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts