Halloween Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am repurposing a chair for a chairity auction. I can do anything I want to it, and I want to make a creepy/spooky/macabre kind of design. I can reupholster the seat cushion, paint it, and in the middle of the back, there is some cane that I would like to do something with. I picked out this chair because the cane shape resembles a coffin shape.

I'm stumped at the moment in what I want to do. Because I'm not making any money off of it, I don't really want to spend more than $25 on supplies, which will probably cover the fabric and paint. However, I have around two months, so I can put a lot of time into whatever I choose to do.

I've looked on pinterest and google and there is some great inspiration out there, but I am limited to the structure of the chair I have chosen. I did have an idea, what if I make it into more of a prop than just a chair. I wonder, could I make a monster mud figure that would hover behind it, like some kind of ghost figure, or a scarecrow figure with a pumpkin head? I know I'm making it so that someone will want to bid on it, but it doesn't mean that they couldn't use it as a decoration for halloween, right? The auction is in late september, so it would be the perfect time in the season.

If you have any ideas, throw them my way. If I made some kind of standing figure that would fit in the size requirement that I have been given, would I need to mount the figure on a plywood base, and put the chair on that? I haven't figured out all the mechanics of any of this yet.

Here is a pic of the chair
josie chair1.jpg

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,056 Posts
Make the seat look like it's covered in a patchwork of human skin. You could use latex and old masks cut up to do it. Then distress the back with some chips and dings and give it a tea staining like you would a tombstone to look like it's been stained by something gross like bodily fluids or wet mold. First idea that came to mind.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts