Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...
I'm compiling all my recipes onto my laptop (so tired of having pieces of paper floating around!) and am trying to think of some good ways to Halloween it up a bit with different fonts, etc. Does anyone have any tips or ideas from personal experience? I'm thinking of stuff like the spellbooks from movies like Hocus Pocus, Evil Dead, Practical Magic etc., then I can just keep it out when I decorate my kitchen!
If anyone has pictures, I'd love to see! :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
171 Posts
dafont.com If i remembered the url correctly, has millions of fonts - they let you catagorise them too... so if you want horror or gothic or calligraphy styles, theyre all there for the choosing. Should be able to find what you want there :)

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Definitely download a font. Then maybe make sure the recipes are centered when you print them out and you can burn around the edges leaving one side not burnt for binding. You can also brew some tea to dye the paper after printing, just don't soak it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Print the pages on parchment paper. You can usually get it at wally world on the stationary/envelope/paper aisle. It is a brownish paper, not to be confused with parchment paper used for baking.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahh, good ideas!! If it wasn't a holiday today, I'd be at the store! Rickki, the scrapbooking idea is great! Can you still get Halloween stuff all year? I'm going to Michael's tomorrow.

Love the idea for dyeing a good quality paper with tea, question is, should I do that before or after printing on it? This I would try today, but my printer has died on me.
Thanks for all the ideas!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow... how many times did I just use the work 'idea' there? Can you tell I just woke up and am waiting for the coffee to finish brewing? ;)

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
I have my Halloween inventory and recipes I've collected in an Access Database....(because I forget what I have boxed up) I can go look in my inventory and see what I've got, so that if I'm working a scene or theme I know what I have and what I will need to buy/scavenge/make. I have an external disk drive that I have saved ideas, pictures, tutorials and Halloween images to...for inspiration and a quick Halloween fix off season.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you're using an ink jet printer then don't soak the paper in tea after you print it or all of your lettering will run. If you're using a laser printer then you shouldn't have to worry about this. I print out my work and then go to Kinko's or some other copy center and make copies. Then you can soak away w/ no worries. Additionally, you can make extra copies in case you mess something up. I haven't tried printing the dried paper after I soak it in tea cause it gets a bit wrinkly...would probably jam my finicky printer.

Here's a link that shows you how to do labels for witch bottles...I'm sure that full sheets of paper will work just as well.

Witch Kitchen | AranaMuerta.com

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Barbarella: what a great idea!! When I dyed paper with tea, I printed first, dyed later. Worked out great. I also crunched the paper before dying, to give a more aged look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts