Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I'm considering buying a prop that's pretty expensive for what it seems to be. I can't find any reviews on it online though. Below is a pic. He's called "Spooked".

I've found it much cheaper elsewhere, but here's a link with description... https://www.halloweenexpress.com/spooked-animated-prop-p-24101.html

Here's a video link too.

Has anyone seen this prop in person, or own it? I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth the $s. This description scares me... "Spooked Animated Prop Upper body has a metal armature which attaches to metal stand (making in appear as if he has legs)." Makes it appear as if he has legs? Are you freakin' kiddin' me? :mad: Any info you can share would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I've debated buying it a few times. It's definitely not scary. It has to be worked into a scene where he's the one being scared. Kind of a distraction as you wonder what's got him scared? I guess the question is, do you have a use for him?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I own the Spooked prop by Distortions. Very high quality detailed prop that is built to last. I have re-dressed him to fit into a variety of haunt themes including mad lab.

Hopefully this helps?

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spinechiller and DoctorGrim - Thanks so much for the feedback. Knowing it's a high quality build and made to last is huge in my decision. I appreciate the feedback. It absolutely helps!

I've debated buying it a few times. It's definitely not scary. It has to be worked into a scene where he's the one being scared. Kind of a distraction as you wonder what's got him scared? I guess the question is, do you have a use for him?
Yep, I've got a use for him. I'm going to work him into a scene I'm creating and I think it's going to work perfectly! Him having that scared look on his face and shaking is actually perfect for what I'll be putting together. I'll be changing him up a little.

This forum ROCKS! Thanks All!

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great point, SD! I have something else in mind. I'll be redressing "Spooked" like a priest, and standing in front of this...

Reactions: Screaming Demons

·
Registered
361 Posts
Looks like he should be holding a strand of dental floss. Actually, it is kinda a neat prop. You could probably use it for just about any theme or setting.

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like he should be holding a strand of dental floss.
LOL! There's a thought. I can set him up in the bathroom during the party looking in the mirror.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts