Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just asking some questions about your haunt having a sponsor.... Cause ive seen several videos and somewhere they have a sponsor board like Burger King or someting like that...

What would having a sponsor bring to you? Money towards the haunt or just publicity?
How would be the best way to get a sponsor? And what type? Craft store or a supermarket?

Do you have a sponsor?

Sorry about all the questions I dont have any experience wioth them so I dont know what to expect....

Ruggerz

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to let you know I have changed the questions as many found it confusing to answer..
Ruggerz

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
I'm not sure about financial sponsorship..especially in the current economic climate.

Perhaps you could approach a local art and craft shop..maybe ask for some discount on materials or something in return for free advertising at your haunt. They may be more willing to do this if you can get some coverage in the local media.

Remember businesses are going to look at the potential for returns on their investment.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Go to a local home depot or lowes (any lumber store). You can get free tarps that the lumber comes in, throw away wood, and sometimes other things just for letting them put up a sponsor sign. Just talk to a manager.

That is what I do. Doesn't hurt them at all as most things you get they would be throwing away. Main thing is they will save it for you, since they are getting something out of the deal.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
This is the first year I will be working with a sponser (I hope).

My reason for working with Northwest Center (a non-profit group helping the disabled) is for the publicity. Not only can I get more publicity by working with them (word of mouth) but I can throw their name around when talking to local media -- which sometimes makes them more interested in covering the haunt.

None of this is financial. It's all about publicity and legitimacy in the community.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
you can go to a place like mcdonalds and tell them about your haunt, ask them if they will advertise for you. you will have to give specifics and they may want to see if you are what you say you are and worth it. then you strike a deal, they will advertise you on the back of their reciepts in return for everyone that comes through the haunt you give a coupon saying so much off a purchase at mcdonalds. in your deal you agree they supply all the coupons and advertisement. see what the advertisement amounts to so you know how they are advertising for you and what they are saying. also, if there is any proceeds from your haunt let them know you keep them, or if you want you can donate like 10% to mcdonalds charity for helping families whose children are in the hospital. good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts