Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of my spirit props make a clicking sound when the head is moving in one of the directions. Would It be a gear skipping a tooth or somethinging limiting its motion? Any idea what would cause the clicking sound. I can't see anything obvious.. Attest not with dismantling the gearbox

·
Registered
910 Posts
I find that most Spirit props have no gears inside per se but what they will have is a sort of bent shaft coming from the motor to a plate (kind of like a cam assembly) As the crank (or bent shaft) comes around, it moves the plate up, down or around (depending on the setup). I had a problem with my Spirit (Gemmy) Witch head not moving and i opened her up and found that the shaft had moved out of the plate assembly so that it completely disconnected. It was a pretty easy deal to fix, all i had to do was to bend the shaft back to fit into the plate and it began to work as it should. If you are hearing a clicking etc. i would carefully open it up and examine the movement and determine what you need to do to set it right. After watching it run for a while, it should become pretty apparent what's wrong, after all, these are fairly simple clockwork type mechanisms without gears......best of luck to you.....'Scruff

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Open up a hovering ghost and you'll see plenty of gearing. It depends on the prop. If you open a prop, be sure you know how to reassemble it because it can become quite a puzzle to get back together- especially gears. But don't let that stop you from taking a peek to see if any wires or plastic is getting caught up inside. Good luck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not sure if this will help, but this year all the stores had that clicking problem with the Talking Cherubs prop, and we were told to put a bit of baby powder where the head turns, and it worked but Im not sure what props your referring too, and yeah, unfortunately tekky toy spirit props don't last long before something happens to them. :/ Its a shame, especially for the prices.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thee cherubs and the warewolf both click when turning to one direction I'll try the baby powder

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The other one I need to fix is the zombie head grave popper. The gear to pull him back down is stripped. Any idea where to find a 14tooth gear that would fit?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts