Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there is a small Spirit Store that just opened 1.5 hours away from my place. This is huge since before the closest store was 3 hours. We went at the beginning of the season and saw "The Ruins" display. We loved it! We spoke to the manager who said she would sell it to us after the store closed but she wasn't sure how much. We called a few days back to see if she knew a price yet and she told us we could have it for $200 and we could come get it asap. We rented a Uhaul and made the drive and won't ever regret it!! It's so awesome...only prob is that is doesn't fit in the garage. Some of it does so some will stick out Halloween night. We normally open our garage up to showcare all our props so this year we will add this unit and fill it with props and maybe even some live actors. Just need a tarps incase it snows.

So excited!!!!!!!!!!!! Here are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just a thought: If there's a Home Depot near you, you may want to invest in some "Never Wet".
It's a clear hydrophobic spray-on coating that actually repels water. If you live in a particularly snowy area, you may already know about it, since it also repels mud, etc. The Never Wet would protect it from ANY water based damage.

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,730 Posts
I'm working at Spirit this year and was promised the ruins which I put together by the way. I come in to work Tuesday morning and they're selling it for $500. Talk about mad, oh my goodness. Anyways this made me happy. I'm so glad you got one and great deal for $200. Super excited for you

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Now that is a great score. So much potential with this display.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a thought: If there's a Home Depot near you, you may want to invest in some "Never Wet".
It's a clear hydrophobic spray-on coating that actually repels water. If you live in a particularly snowy area, you may already know about it, since it also repels mud, etc. The Never Wet would protect it from ANY water based damage.
I just told my husband about this post and he's never heard of this stuff nor have I. We don't live near a Home Depot but we do have Rona. We will check tomorrow for it. THANKS!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm working at Spirit this year and was promised the ruins which I put together by the way. I come in to work Tuesday morning and they're selling it for $500. Talk about mad, oh my goodness. Anyways this made me happy. I'm so glad you got one and great deal for $200. Super excited for you
She originally wanted $400 but I talked her down to $200 lol. I bow to you for putting this thing together. It came to us half done already, but the handbook we got with it stated it should take 11 hours, to assemble, with 2 people and I can believe that.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
My local store was struggling for weeks it seemed to put the Ruins display together. The manager showed me the book which seemed pretty detailed and I thought she said it was something like 22 hours. Don't know if she was referring to all of it. It is a couple of sections as I recall and from the looks of your photos.

BTW we saw the Never Wet when they were demo'ing it in HD a few months back. Remember hubby saying it was expensive to begin with and given how large even the display is that is outside is I would have to wonder how much of it it would take and whether it wouldn't just absorb into the cardboard.

Have fun with the display this year. They have had quite a few displays over the years I wouldn't mind having.

·
Registered
455 Posts
$200? That is a steal!!

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
Nice score!

Wonder when Spirit will realise they could make a KILLING if they sold these set pieces as build your own kits in their stores each year? I haven't seen many props in the store I would buy, but the set pieces I would consider almost every year.

·
Spooky Express
700 Posts
That is an amazing score! The ruins is a really cool display. If any of my local stores still have it I may be buying the Gas Station.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Last year or the year before I thought I saw their displays or maybe just a few items listed on their website for sale....does anyone remember the cardboard display trees for example? Didn't they also sell their asylum fencing as a kit? Don't recall what else I've seen. They were pretty pricey but then again quite large and many pieces and not exactly mass produced for volume. Can't imagine they would ship to anywhere but a store they were delivering inventory to anyway.

I do love seeing their displays each year.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'd like to snag the gas station pump and sign as well, I was kind of digging that setup.

I was lucky to score the fence last year for free. I didn't want anything else and the mgr was kind of wanting some $$ for it but on the other hand knew that it was all going to be tossed out at the end of the day. He even said hey, come back in the evening and pick it all up out back by the dumpster. But the shop was a bit of a drive so he went ahead and gave me the fence so I wouldn't have to drive across town.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts