Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Bog Body
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, sorry i haven't been as active as in past years. Looks like me and the wife will be getting a divorce. i don't want one but she does. she has all the control in this. i don't know where she's staying or even have her phone number. she told me she got an apartment on the 4th but wanted to move back in. then on oct 1st she told me she was with someone else and living with they got the apartment together. i ended up talking to the guys (painful) and she was telling him the opposite that she wanted the divorce. he didn't know she was still seeing me and kicked her out. now she says she has a hotel in cocoa beach and won't give me other info than that. blocks her new number when she calls too. so if i wanted to even file to get things over with i'd have to wait 12 months to file for abandonment/desertion. bunch of other crap too that i don't feel like going into.

anyway, enough about that. i was thinking of not doing halloween this year. the theme is evil clowns and she picked it cause she loves clowns. naturally i thought it'd be painful to do that theme but now f' it. but then kids started asking if i was going to do halloween this year. i said i'm working a lot and i might or might not. but it ate at me. i don't want to let the neighborhood down. then a friend came over with a tote of his halloween stuff to try and inspire me. he said he will let me borrow an inflatable clown outfit. and i found a great mask. so i'm going to do this. i don't have very long but i can pull it off!

so here's some progress on giant clown shoes i've made for a static prop. also theres an over sized gun that will have a bang sign on it. take note of the 12" ruler in both pics for reference,

and here's a pic of the mask i got. i'll be coming at people ith a chainsaw wearing this =D the jaw moves too.

i also bought clown shoes and the plastic table cloths 100' rolls of red and yellow to make the tent. i cut the pieces for a giant pneumatic jack in the box. i just need to really get cranking (pun intended).

today is relax with dad and brother watching football. then its high gear!

·
Reaper Queen
8,621 Posts
Batfly, I am truly sorry for what you are going through, my thoughts are with you. I think it's good you are going through with the haunt, give you something to concentrate on. The shoes look great so far, and the eyes on the clown mask are truly frightening. Good luck, take care of your self. post pics of the jacl in the box when you get ti done!

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
Batfly!!! I was wondering where you have been this year. I was thinking of you just the other day.

I'm so sorry to hear things are rough for you right now. There isn't a thing in the world I can do to make you feel better but I am so glad to see you back.

I hope you have a great Halloween. Your props look AWESOME!!!!!

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation. But also glad to see your keeping the spirit of the season. The shape of the gun is really great, better than the ones you see coming with the creature reachers.

All the best.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,852 Posts
I am so sorry about the separation; sounds like you're being put through the wringer over this... :(

I am in awe over the quality of the paper maché shoes and gun. Even when you're down, you're still fantastic with the props. I hope you have a blast on Halloween scaring the pants off the TOTs, and things work out for the best for you in the future.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
BF, sorry for your troubles but man, you are my new hero! A guy going through what you are, and you say to hell with it and whip out some big ass paper machier shoes and an oversize gun! You rock! Keep the Spirit alive! When the last TOT leaves and you turn out the porch light, you'll be glad you did it!

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubling situation. That has to be one of the saddest things to go through.
I had wondered where you had been also.
I'm glad to see you got your Halloween spirit renewed.
Are you still working at Universal and the Halloween Horror nights?

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
Ugh. That stinks, bro. As if things aren't bad enough all over anyway.

You work, as always, is awesome. I agree it's good to focus on something positive during times like this. Keep posting pics and updates.

Have you set up your graveyard this year, or will it be a no go?

·
Bog Body
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone! seriously!

DaveintheGrave: no i'm not working there anymore. the "terminated" me last year when i leaked out info a week early here and it was copied and pasted by someone to the official HHN forum. =P i miss that gig!

Wilbret: no graveyard. i tried to think of how to incorporate it with clowns. i was going to set it up, and then the night before halloween move it to the other side of the drive, construct the half tent in front of the house and clownerize the scarecrow with a nose and wig and lay the clown props around. kinda like the tent landed and they took over. but it seems to be a lot of work for one night. especially now that my heloper is MIA. so i'll just build the tent over time the last few days before halloween and put the scarecrow up super clownerized. it might be a bit late but better than never.

i need to buy a rubber chicken. more masks. more props (thinking of a test you strength thing with a head as the thing that rises to the bell, non working though. some other stuff maybe if i have time.

thanks again! my family, friends, and now all of you are helping through this! i get angry at the lies, sad cause i still love her, and worried about what she's doing (relapse history).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Batlfy, from reading your post, she does not deserve a guy like you, good riddance!! Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and be glad she is gone. You never know what is right around the corner!

I agree with everyone else, you are awesome at prop building, great job!

·
Creepin When Your Sleepin
1,143 Posts
I agree with tkstrawn64.... but I know every time I "helped" a buddy we would bad mouth her and have a good ole bashing then 2 weeks later oh they are back together and then I look like the a$$ that bad mouthed her....and its easy for anyone who hasn't been through it to tell how things are But I say do what feels right and that is HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!
Batlfy, from reading your post, she does not deserve a guy like you, good riddance!! Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and be glad she is gone. You never know what is right around the corner!

I agree with everyone else, you are awesome at prop building, great job!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about the bad times you've been having, batfly :( I hope you have a lovely halloween as you truly deserve it - your props are fantastic and that mask........well.... I hate clowns, so if I saw you running at me in that thing with a chainsaw, I would be suitably terrified lol :p

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hey Batfly! Glad to see you here - sorry about what's going on but your props look awesome! Please post pics of the finished product!

:)
Leigh Clements
The Mystery Maiden
shotinthedarkmysteries.com

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I wanted to say I'm so very sorry that you're getting a divorce. I'll be sending some good vibes your way that it all works out well and that you end up happy. I'm so glad to see that you're living life, having fun, decorating...these things are SO important to remember. Hugs your way --

·
Bog Body
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i guess the universe is giving me the green light on halloween. i just had one of THOSE dreams last night. you know, where it's halloween and you are late. kids are showing up in the daylight and you are scrambling. cept my brother was in the dream.

always motivates me into high gear after a dream like that.

not feeling too bad today. once again, you all are a tremendous help! thanks.

also to whoever said scare the and the new guy. after talking with him he didn't want to be a home wrecker and said he doesn't need the lies in his life and kicked her out.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts