Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's crazy early, but I was walking through Discover Mills this morning and saw this. It's hard to tell from the photo, but the sign overhead in the middle is a hard sign that you would use on a permanent location, not the banner that they normally put up.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Lucky Dog you! This is early and encouraging. Regardless of how much or little I buy from Spirit Halloween each year, I make a pilgrimage to the store to check out their displays and new props. This is exciting and I'll have to pay attention to past locations where stores in my area have had previous occupied space. Thanks for posting.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
Lucky Dog you! This is early and encouraging. Regardless of how much or little I buy from Spirit Halloween each year, I make a pilgrimage to the store to check out their displays and new props.
Same here. Never seen this one this early either.

Not sure where ours will be this year since where it usually is is now a furniture store.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Really, are you sure ? Before the 4th of July, before Labor Day ? Where are you, I might need to check this out !

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Last year, Gemmy put out a blog, which talked about stores putting out Halloween stuff in August. http://blog.gemmy.com/halloween-is-on-its-way/ . Maybe this a new trend in Halloween retail. It's like Halloween is saying, "if other holidays can do it, why can 't I?"

·
Banned
2,717 Posts
Over the past few years Spirit stores have been opening up later in the season. I guess the normal now is Spirit opening up late September or early October. I miss the days when Halloween stores would go up right after Labor day weekend. I even remember when Halloween stores would start hiring in July and open up sometime in August. Last year there wasn't even a Spirit store near me for at ten miles.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,498 Posts
Over the past few years Spirit stores have been opening up later in the season. I guess the normal now is Spirit opening up late September or early October. I miss the days when Halloween stores would go up right after Labor day weekend. I even remember when Halloween stores would start hiring in July and open up sometime in August. Last year there wasn't even a Spirit store near me for at ten miles.
I'm not so sure. Our Spirit store opened the third week of August last year. While not fully stocked and still waiting for some stuff to come in, they were open for business. I find them opening earlier each year. Most other stores that carry Halloween stuff also start displaying it in late August. Maybe it depends on where you live.

·
Banned
2,717 Posts
It might just be my luck on where I live but by me they open later and later each year. Two years ago there was a empty Best Buy building a mile away from my house and they had the Spirit opening soon sign on the doors. Spirit never opened there. I am finding there are less Halloween stores around here. Hopefully this year things turn around.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
On a related note, Spirit has been sending out specials emails for the past month or so, so I'm guessing this earlier is better approach isn't limited to just the retail bricks & mortar sites.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Did anybody notice the price increase on some of the popular restocked animatronics? Pumpkin Nester, which sold old last year before Halloween online and in our local stores, was $179 last year. Spirit announced that it is back in stock this week, but the price is $199. I will buy one at some point, but I will probably wait until the stores open to avoid shipping. Unless Spirit has a mid-summer sale.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts