Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
My Father-in-law recently bought a solar-powered battery charger. In the directions is "Must get rid of children." So there is your choice, a solar powered battery charger or your children? One or the other, can't have them both.
Sometimes I would buy a Bandai plastic model looking forward to reading the terribly messed up "english" with the instructions, usually about the History of the tank.. fun stuff!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ha! Totally missed that...its on mine too

Sad part is, i'm an Art Director and do alot of typesetting and proofreading, and usually catch that stuff...

·
Registered
472 Posts
My Father-in-law recently bought a solar-powered battery charger. In the directions is "Must get rid of children." So there is your choice, a solar powered battery charger or your children? One or the other, can't have them both.
Sometimes I would buy a Bandai plastic model looking forward to reading the terribly messed up "english" with the instructions, usually about the History of the tank.. fun stuff!
haha - I use to be a scale modeler and the forums I belonged too had a hay day with instructions "lost in translation" Great entertainment. ;)

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
They don't need spellcheck. They need to make their stuff in the US, or at least an english-speaking country.
I agree. The problem is it would cost ALOT more. The countries where most stuff is made, the workers are basically slaves. Meagre earnings, low quality of life. If you don't like the job, thousands of eager replacements will take it. Sad really, should be criminal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts