Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Initially, I ordered it, but when I went to the spirit store today and saw it was in stock, I went home and cancelled the order (and in doing so, saved over $70 in shipping).

I went back and grabbed one and built it after dinner. The metal rods were a great surprised that it would be so strong, but it did require a lot of screwing considering all the brackets to create the shape. The sides and the front are actually cloth. I was pretty surprised as I figured it might be paper. Building it took 30 minutes or so due to all the screws needed to assemble, but it was well worth it.

Here are a few pics of the build:

misfortune-1_zpsd7b25b55.jpg

misfortune-3_zpsad70c377.jpg

misfortune-4_zps159705b8.jpg misfortune-5_zps3a5523a2.jpg

I figured I'd post this in case anyone was on the fence about the prop. I consider it the best prop I've gotten from spirit, ever. After assembling two I bought right after Halloween last year a few days ago and BOTH not working, this one was a nice surprise.

Andretti

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
It's a great looking prop. Has a nice old vintage carnival look to it. Our store has one set up near the entrance and it is realy impressive.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Thanks for posting. I've been looking hard at this prop, and the headspin in the video really sold it. I'm glad to know it's pretty good quality. (Even though I already built a big fortune teller booth two years ago and don't have any more room to store stuff... well, one for the entrance and one for the exit.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts