Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spirit Halloween has a new bestseller this year thanks to our friends at Gemmy. He's completely sold out online so if you want him I would check your store. This is great news for Spirit, Gemmy, and us though which means Jack could pave the way for future licensed Animatronics at Spirit. I have heard from a friend who works there that there is talk about trying to get more licensed figures for the future so fingers crossed :D
0CE5868C-A344-4E43-AFE1-455EC58D8AE6-7895-00000A89766C5623.jpg

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I'm guessing very few were available online, most went to their stores. Just my opinion but I'm guessing Spirit sells the bulk of their merchandise in stores during September and October. Their outrageous, to put it mildly, shipping charges plus oversize fees, assure that. Their Zero prop was soldout immediately online yet I see it in stores that people have you tubed that have just opened. I did order one online the first day and the expected in stock ship date was 9/15 I believe, and it said sold out later that day. Obviously most Jack's along with Zero, were slated for in store sales and they are waiting on a new shipment to fufill the few online orders maybe. As far as Gemmy I'm thinking by the looks of it they are focusing all their energy on animated spot lights instead of just airblowns. It will be interesting to see if Spirit stores are filled with broken Jack's after a week or not.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's back in stock lol
IMG_0838.jpg

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Just wait a couple of weeks until the Spirit stores open and all the folks who bought these online are bringing them back for a refund because they worked for 20 minutes and then broke. You should be able to buy a "as is", now-static, Jack for pennies on the dollar. :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jack is a great quality item and is built a lot better than most of the stuff Spirit sells

Reactions: Goddess of Persia

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,911 Posts
The biggest reason I'm not buying Jack isn't the money, it's what he says. Half of it seems to pertain more to Christmas than to Halloween & that just chaps my arse. There's no "EUREKA!!" or part of a song or anything cool.

He says:
“Hm…Hm…There's got to be a logical way to explain this Christmas thing…”
“Interesting reaction. But what does that mean?!”
“Ah! Halloween's finest trick-or-treaters! The job I have for you is top secret...it requires craft, cunning…”
“You're right! Something is missing…but what? I've got the beard, the coat, the boots...”

Half of that is about Christmas & he doesn't even come with a Santa suit to re-purpose him for Christmas.

When I get ready to do a NBC set up I'll make my own static Jack.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The biggest reason I'm not buying Jack isn't the money, it's what he says. Half of it seems to pertain more to Christmas than to Halloween & that just chaps my arse. There's no "EUREKA!!" or part of a song or anything cool.

He says:
“Hm…Hm…There's got to be a logical way to explain this Christmas thing…”
“Ah! Halloween's finest trick-or-treaters! The job I have for you is top secret...it requires craft, cunning…”
“You're right! Something is missing…but what? I've got the beard, the coat, the boots...”

Half of that is about Christmas & he doesn't even come with a Santa suit to re-purpose him for Christmas.

When I get ready to do a NBC set up I'll make my own static Jack.
I do agree with you that I wish he had more Halloween phrases. It would be pretty odd if TOTs came up to him and he started talking about santa. He actually has more phrases than what's listed on the website but sadly most are Christmas related :/

"Hmm…Hmm…There's got to be a logical way to explain this Christmas thing.”
"Ah! Halloween's finest trick-or-treaters! The job I have for you is top secret! It requires craft, cunning!”
“You're right! Something is missing. But what? I've got the beard, the coat, the boots.”
""Ho Ho Ho! (Laughs)"
"Who's next on my list? Ah!"
"Come on, Zero! Christmas isn't over yet!"
"(Laughs)"
"Thank you. Thank you."
"It's great to be home! Merry Christmas!"
"Santa Claus...in person. What a pleasure to meet you!"
"Mr.Claus, I'm afraid I made a terrible mess of your holiday."

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,911 Posts
CRAPONACRACKER!! SEVEN OUT OF TWELVE THINGS HE SAYS ARE CHRISTMAS RELATED!! You could add in the one about his list but that doesn't sound as specifically Christmas as "HO!HO!HO!" does.

The director, Henry Selick, has stated many times that NBC is a Halloween movie. Not that it can't be both, but the intention was to make a Halloween movie so why make Halloween prop that says Christmas things at all. It's not like there aren't plenty of other quotes from the movie they could've used.

Why did they bother making him look like King of Halloween if they were going to give him more Christmas sayings that Halloween!?! Nope, definitely not getting my money now.

Which makes me sad because I love NBC so very much. I saw it first run at a time when I too was getting bored with Halloween so in a weird way I could relate to a cartoon character. I even have a few first run toys that I actually bought when they first came out & wouldn't ever part with them. I've seen it more times than I can count on VHS, DVD, when it's on any channel I'm there, this prop just makes me angry & sad.

Just shine that Christmas talk nonsense. If you're gonna do that at least give him the Santa outfit so he could be used for Christmas too.

I hope someone buys him & hacks him then posts it here for us.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
My feelings about the vocals exactly. My heart sunk when I saw him as I've spent too much this year already. Now I had to have that. My wallet was relieved when I heard him talk. I thought nope. Between the horrible choice of vocals and the plastic chest "He wasn't on my list" :). Maybe if they have any left or the broken display Nov. 1st. dirt cheap I will give it a thought and make a Santa suit for him. Don't get why it was a Spirit Halloween exclusive, and not at Christmas Wonderland and in a Santa Claus suit. And what is with his stiff, poorly copied tie?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
It's all about the numbers. Jack retails for $250, which means Spirit is probably buying them for $100 or so, and the fellows in China who make them are putting $40-$50 into them. You just aren't going to get much quality for $50.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,911 Posts
Maybe if they have any left or the broken display Nov. 1st. dirt cheap I will give it a thought and make a Santa suit for him. Don't get why it was a Spirit Halloween exclusive, and not at Christmas Wonderland and in a Santa Claus suit.
That's how I feel too, if they've got a broken display one I'd buy it. And you KNOW there's going to be broken display models because, no matter what the Spirit prop, none of them are built for the punishment they take in stores.

It's a Spirit exclusive because they have the money to buy the rights, that's all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts