Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I waited until after Halloween to post this. The one prop I really like is the Haunted Lantern I got some years ago but this year it was DOA out of the box ! It worked great last year and now nothing. Has anybody had any experience with this ? Its not a simple prop internally and I was able to jump across the switch to get some activity but I would love some input. Is there anybody who fixes these out there? Thanks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Thought I would bump this back to the top and ask the bigger quetsion. Is there ANYBODY who repairs props as a hobby or for $$. I can fix some things but was wondering about anybody out there that has experience with these types of fixes. Thanks .

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Nobody fixes these props except we'll dig into it ourselves and once in awhile get lucky with a loose wire or something similar....Everything is disposable these days....Use it until it breaks and throw it away....Like I said, I got lucky once or twice....Many times I don't and end up using it as a static prop or throw a much more expensive prop controller in it and reprogram it if I really like the prop but usually it stays static or gets pitched....Sorry there's not a better answer....Good Luck....ZR

·
Registered
570 Posts
Nobody fixes them because they're disposable. They're cheaply made in China and not built to last long. This is why people learn to make their own props. The garbage you get from Spirit is crap.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yeah they are throwaway. You can always learn to make these things yourself and broaden your skills. Even the tiny screws rust, most are not even waterproof. The electronics are poorly built and guaranteed to only survive a season or two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts