Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took a ton of pics this week at our roll out meeting. Things that are only exclusive to Spirit and you will not find anywhere else. They are high def- ultra crisp, state of the art, completely digital (actually not but I am trying to make them sound cool) and shows every detail on all the cool things we will be selling this year.

HOWEVER--- I was told that one of our buyers was going to rear naked choke hold me if I leaked them... so, I cannot post them. Sorryyyyy..

I will say this, the Spirit design team and the buyers have outdid themselves again this year. The things they have designed for the instore experience is exceptional. From the props, decor, and the costumes- I am very excited about our line this year.

Now once we open the doors and the secrets are out I will post some pics so you that do not have a store close to you can see what your missing. But until then-- I will have to hold em..

oohhhh---- the Mike Myers prop is actually very cool in real person. The buyer said that Rob Zombies own makeup guy help design it and it looks great. You will not be disappointed.

Happy Haunting!

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
Thanks for showing up just to tease us, I put in my app online to work at a store, but dont know if there will be one close to me yet.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for showing up just to tease us, I put in my app online to work at a store, but dont know if there will be one close to me yet.

I did not get a store listing this year. HOWEVER...... go a step further- a online is good- but go to the store (check the spirit site first/mid- August and see where it is). Ask to speak to who is in charge and tell them your desire to work there. This means allot!!

Make sure you don't have a bunch of "I can't" things. My favorite is - "I can't work on weekends"- or "I can't work more than 4 hours a day." those will get you nixed very quickly.

good luck!:D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spirit has pics up!

..... here are some props for this yr!... can't wait!!

<--my fav this yr!
they have the props up- but not how they are layed out in the store. The instore this year is awesome!!!!! once you see it, you will say- WOW!!!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was saying WOW! last year when I saw how they displayed the props in the store. This year they are going to outdo that?! Super-cool! They are almost becoming a Haunted Attraction itself. Fun :)
it is bigger and better. The American Gothic house was really cool- so was the chop shop-- but this year they went a completely different direction. When you enter the store you will once again say "wow"!!!

What amazes me is where do they come up with this stuff?- and I know I sound like I am plugging them- but the buyers and display guys are the bomb!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I didn't realize the stores were told how to do their layout, ours never seems to do anything, the first year it was way cool, but after that they just hung stuff on the wall with a little stuff in the middle, but nothing more impressive than walmarts isle or target. I wonder if the Boise store will do something a little more impressive this year, or maybe it was there and we somehow missed it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't realize the stores were told how to do their layout, ours never seems to do anything, the first year it was way cool, but after that they just hung stuff on the wall with a little stuff in the middle, but nothing more impressive than walmarts isle or target. I wonder if the Boise store will do something a little more impressive this year, or maybe it was there and we somehow missed it.
it is up to each operator to do what they want to do (for the most part) and if they did not set up those things it is really sad- you missed some really great stuff. Hopefully they will partake this year-

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I think he is full of yang. If you are going to advertise, you should do that in the Vendor section. If you got pictures, show them.

·
Registered
253 Posts
So I took a ton of pics this week at our roll out meeting. Things that are only exclusive to Spirit and you will not find anywhere else. They are high def- ultra crisp, state of the art, completely digital (actually not but I am trying to make them sound cool) and shows every detail on all the cool things we will be selling this year.

HOWEVER--- I was told that one of our buyers was going to rear naked choke hold me if I leaked them... so, I cannot post them. Sorryyyyy..

I will say this, the Spirit design team and the buyers have outdid themselves again this year. The things they have designed for the instore experience is exceptional. From the props, decor, and the costumes- I am very excited about our line this year.

Now once we open the doors and the secrets are out I will post some pics so you that do not have a store close to you can see what your missing. But until then-- I will have to hold em..

oohhhh---- the Mike Myers prop is actually very cool in real person. The buyer said that Rob Zombies own makeup guy help design it and it looks great. You will not be disappointed.

Happy Haunting!
why is this so secretive? do they think that a competitor is going to copy their ideas? so ridiculas...

thanks for the heads up though, its mid July and I am back into thinking about Halloween again!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
why is this so secretive? do they think that a competitor is going to copy their ideas? so ridiculas...

thanks for the heads up though, its mid July and I am back into thinking about Halloween again!
actually you hit the nail square on the head!!

Spirit has over 725 stores nationwide- we are the leader in Halloween. With our competition trying to grab market share we have to try and market things differently from them. Part of that is the exclusive things only sold by us and how we market the stores. The instore's completes that- lets be honest- anybody can hang a costume on a hook and slap a price on it- we don't.

Deathtouch- full of yang?? lol.. I have called a good many things, but not that one.. very original of ya.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts