Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year was the first time Spirit ventured into Canada (of course it had to be in the Toronto area)...anyways, I spoke with their head office and learned that there will be 12 new stores opening up in Canada!!!

I don't know where they all will be, I am sure they will be posted on their site later on.

Best news of all: VANCOUVER, FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY, WILL HAVE A SPIRIT STORE!!!!!!...I was told it will be open by Labour Day.

You Americans don't know how lucky you had it for all these years (we can't even order online as they never shipped here, like we are some third world country)! This has gotta be the best news I have heard, Halloween related!

:)

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,077 Posts
That is WONDERFUL news for all of the Canadians!

I love going to their stores just to soak up the atmosphere - it's really addicting!

Good for you, bad for your wallet!;)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Vancouver thats great news , PLEASE PLEASE let their be one in Montreal , that would be ssssssssssssssooooooooooooo sweet , one hour drive from me i would so love that (if they have all their props shown in the US stores of course)

i have emaild spirit earlier this week and have not gotten a reply from them about where their canadian store would be i hope they consider montreal big enough of a city for one .

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have a Spirit, Halloween USA, Party City, and independent costume shop within 15 minutes of me. I'll tell ya what, i'll move to Vancouver and you can live in stinky Ohio! I'd rather live in Vancouver than live near a halloween shop, you don't know how good you have it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Spirit, Halloween USA, Party City, and independent costume shop within 15 minutes of me. I'll tell ya what, i'll move to Vancouver and you can live in stinky Ohio! I'd rather live in Vancouver than live near a halloween shop, you don't know how good you have it.
lol, yeah I guess that puts things in perspective...sorry about the smell down there!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vancouver thats great news , PLEASE PLEASE let their be one in Montreal , that would be ssssssssssssssooooooooooooo sweet , one hour drive from me i would so love that (if they have all their props shown in the US stores of course)

i have emaild spirit earlier this week and have not gotten a reply from them about where their canadian store would be i hope they consider montreal big enough of a city for one .
I would be very suprised if there wasn't one...the big 3: Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver are locks to get at least one store out of the 12

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I would be very suprised if there wasn't one...the big 3: Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver are locks to get at least one store out of the 12
i have my fingers crossed , legs and arms crossed , toes crossed lol , that would be heaven .

runmikeyrun , we have a very nice country your right , but let me tell ya 2 stinkin rainy summers in a row is too much for me this year , rain almost every day is just not normal , my skin is missing some major vitamines LOL and we just this week started to get hot temperatures , we have had below normal since early spring :( so for me right now i would enjoy 40 degrees on a beach somewhere LOL ....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have my fingers crossed , legs and arms crossed , toes crossed lol , that would be heaven .

runmikeyrun , we have a very nice country your right , but let me tell ya 2 stinkin rainy summers in a row is too much for me this year , rain almost every day is just not normal , my skin is missing some major vitamines LOL and we just this week started to get hot temperatures , we have had below normal since early spring :( so for me right now i would enjoy 40 degrees on a beach somewhere LOL ....
Actually Vancouver has had a brutal heat wave for the last 2 weeks..been 35-39 celcius during the days...i much rather prefer rain over this...u cant sleep without air conditioning! And i hate sweating so much!

Of all the mass Halloween US stores, can someone tell me if my excitement is warranted? Is Spirit the best of them all or are there others that are better?h

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
i have received an email this morning from a very nice spirit person , he told me their will be several spirit locations in Ontario and Ottawa this year ,(as not mentioned Montreal ) he also told me canadians we should be able to order online now they will now ship to Canada , and if a read him correctly we will also be able to order product off of their website in-store through an online kiosk.....the locations will be posted in a few weeks on the spirit halloween web site ( I CANT WAIT THAT LONG LOL) so i hope thats good news to all the Canadians that like the spirit props like i do :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
oh i will definitely be taking tons of pictures to post! I applied to one today but for a manager position, which im not really qualified for but there wasnt a post for an assistant manager for me to apply to for the one near me, so here's hoping!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I looked into applying at a spirit store once, I did my usual sticking around for a long while in the store and see how the staff are treated by the management and whatnot.

I have never seen a group of more unhappy staff ever :(

·
Emperor of Candlewood
4,330 Posts
Keep your heads up Canadians! If you bug them(Spirit), they will come! Send letters and emails to the corporate office as they would not turn down possible good business if they have a big enough response from supporters. Best of luck to you all!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Actually, Spirit has been in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) for about 2 years now or maybe even more. I have shopped there every year. If you know where to look, Toronto actually has quite a few stores that deal in Halloween merchandise year round. Congrats on getting a Spirit in the Vancouver area!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just got my confirmation that I will be a store manager for Halloween City (formerly Halloween USA). I was an assistant last year. Whether the employees are happy or not is all dependent upon the manager and who they hire. I hope to have a happy crew!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spirit- NOT RECOMMENDED

I`ve been to spirit a couple times and I have to admit that it`s selection of props and other decorations and such for Halloween is lacking.
Party Supply Depot, on Doncaster on the other hand has a great variety of Halloween props, accessories, costumes, tableware.. etc, all at a very affordable price.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts