Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
For the second year in a row, store that is close enough to walk to. It's strange though, they're not taking a space that I thought did very well for them last year that the entire strip is completely empty but overlooks a busy highway (again, same as last year). I doubt they were squeezing them for more money. The one they're moving I can see why (from near to me to other location near me). Things that were rare from being sold out at the highway store were abundant when 50% off rolled around at the other. Given the new location is near a supermarket I probably won't get that lucky again this year, but fortunately, I also don't see anything I can't live without.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I have four near me. Two of them are very local. One is going to be a mega store- a large ex-sears home improvement. You have to really call before you go though. Two last year in malls were only costume spirit stores. So make sure they carry props and decor before you hit the road! All this and Halloween Express near me too! Always two of them locally as well. I make a TON of rounds and keep an eye on prices along the way. And there's always at least one or two stores that are late to open too. I consider myself very lucky to have so many stores nearby though.

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
larry:1310516 said:
The Spirit Halloween store locator is up now. I think that not all stores are in their database yet.
I hope that's the case. Otherwise, for the first time in years, they won't be opening one in the area closest to me. :(

·
Registered
212 Posts
Darn it! For the second year in a row there will not be one near me. I'll have to drive 3 hours round trip to go.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well there was a nice one at a old macy's in 2010 that everyone seemed to like, unfortunately last year it was one in a small place that closed at 1:00 on Nov 1, and the staff was rude unlike in 2010. Last year there was a second small one close to me but on the Northside I hit the JACKPOT! There was a HUGE one the size of a Lacks furniture store, plus they made a twisted Zombie Wasteland Display with balck lights, had perfect lighting, and painted the ceiling black. They also sold me display pieces at a very reasonable price. The one down the street was smaller but still very cool, as they gave me some free bloody pens (50), and gave me a roll of cardboard stone wall paper. Both of these big ones plus a fifth smaller one by 151 was very nice (Gave me 3 Zombie Wasteland Barrells for $20) and the second small one was also very nice (Free Graveyard Stand). This paired with about 5 other halloween stores and 3 halloween expresses made for a very nice halloween. This year there are none near me so far and i have seen no banners. We'll see. The Spirit Valley Farms one looks awesome though!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,550 Posts
Like last year, there will be two of them fairly close to where we live. The one in the big mall carried only costumes, and the other was props and costumes. We saw the banner at the mall location last week. I'll have to check out the location for the other store. I know last year they were late in opening. Halloween Express was open almost two weeks before Spirit and was busy from the get go. Hopng Spirit opens up shortly after Labor Day this year.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I was out with the family last week at the mini mall and saw that Spirit will be opening up in the same location as last year. They were setting up inside.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
There are two opening near me! This will be a first for my county. I was just about to order a few things online. Think I'll wait so I can go in and see what else I might need.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
SCORE! I emailed Spirit Halloween this morning about Iowa locations. Guess whose town will have its own store this year? This guy's!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts