Halloween Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
I bought the pair of trees from my local Spirit store yesterday, my daughter works there so she had her ear close to to the ground as far as when they were available, she texted me that they were available, I dropped $400 for the pair but I'm very happy I've wanted them since I saw a similar pair last year, no list, money talks, first with cash.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I got me second one last night :) they aren't made the same this year. the one I got last season was foam filled with what seems like epoxy textured finish with some metal inserts.
this year they look to be all hard plastic, same details but a little less texture. inserts are all plastic.
overall, looks like they fit better and the have little brackets with screws to hold everything together.
really pleased with it, and more so that spirit respected their list :) tried convincing the wife to get a third one !!! that didn't work at all LOL
hey Happy to have two now..
can't wait to set the final things on Monday..

·
Registered
264 Posts
Went to one of my 2 near by Spirit stores today and picked up the Horror Hotel Sign, Stone Arches and wall. Next years party theme will be a Dead & Breakfast or some type of Haunted Hotel theme. The manager John was great. He was honest about how much help he could provide on Halloween for obvious reasons, or on Nov 1st because that's when the 50% starts. He helped take everything apart without damaging anything, and put the larger pieces in the back for me to pick up later in the day. He even took the time to print out the assembly directions. They had a list of people wanting the display stuff but he said no one followed after the 24th when they were allowed to start selling the stuff. They still have their one and only tree but $250 is too much for me to add to the pile

·
Registered
264 Posts
Went back to Spirit today and just missed the tree for 50% off. I scored some additional Hotel scene items for half price.

Anyone pick up anything worth while?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I picked up three columns from the Hotel setup (2 short and 1 tall column) and all of the black and silver planters that I think were part of the clock tower setup. I was really dying for the columns and they were 50% off, so I am very happy with my score. I may break down the tall one to make the short ones a bit larger, and then use the spare tops for something next year. The manager had a list of the display items and their prices, and then I got half off of that - so I think I paid $12.50 for the short ones, $25 for the tall one, and $3 each for the planters.

I would have loved to have gotten a tree, but none of the Spirits in my area had them this year.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Anyone know about the face/mask cardboard displays they display above the shelves and stuff. I scored a lot of animatronics but tomorrow my mom and I are gonna pick up the political posters they have with the faces. How much are those??

·
Registered
59 Posts
I purchased the entire hotel display elevator wall, columns, checking desk, key wall chandelier, sconces, lighted HOTEL, picture and lamp yesterday. Picked it up today. Was a little bent that they sold out from under me the pic and lamp before I arrived to pickup.

I'm supposed to pick up other pieces at a different store tommoro. Employees tore it down and damaged a few pieces, but still worth it because it will save me lots of time next year.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone know about the face/mask cardboard displays they display above the shelves and stuff. I scored a lot of animatronics but tomorrow my mom and I are gonna pick up the political posters they have with the faces. How much are those??
From talking to a store manager yesterday, and also from past experience, the cardboard cutouts above the shelves are "donation priced" and that there was no set price for them. I bought a few a couple years back for $5 each I think. Good luck!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I thought about asking about the set pieces, but then I saw the prices....
They wanted close to $2K for the clock tower, without the projector and like $1500 for the hotel stuff. I was blown away, it's all cardboard after all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here in Hawaii they throw it away if nobody wants it and you have to break it down yourself ... I tried to ask them for it but they said if nobody buys it they throw it away smh... So I asked how much for the hotel and they gave it to me for $500 and then the manager sold me the tower for $120 and 2 trees for $120ea... I told them if your gonna throw away the card board hotel why can't I just have it your gonna break it down any way. They said in Hawaii it's not like the mainland where they have waiting list. One store didn't even set the tower up because it was to big so I got mines all in the boxes. But the hotel I had to break down and fold it up so it can fit in my truck bed. They said it took 3 guys 8hrs a day that's 72 hours. Me and my partner broke it down in 2hrs. Then they asked us to help them do inventory and help them move shelves we said nahhhh maybe if you would've gave us the hotel because you guys were gonna break it any way. Then as we was going out the manager said I'll pay you guys to help us. We said in Hawaii (OHANA) means family it's like me going hunting,fishing or diving and throw my catch away when somebody else wanted it. We scratch each other's back here in the islands and that manager was In it for the money!!! They had 4 stores here and they threw all the rest of the hotels and towers away except for the ones I got. I'll be using that in my haunted house next year thou!!! HAPPY HAUNTING...

Attachments

·
Undertaker
3,190 Posts
I picked up three columns from the Hotel setup (2 short and 1 tall column) and all of the black and silver planters that I think were part of the clock tower setup. I was really dying for the columns and they were 50% off, so I am very happy with my score. I may break down the tall one to make the short ones a bit larger, and then use the spare tops for something next year. The manager had a list of the display items and their prices, and then I got half off of that - so I think I paid $12.50 for the short ones, $25 for the tall one, and $3 each for the planters.

I would have loved to have gotten a tree, but none of the Spirits in my area had them this year.
Yeah I wanted the columns too. Those were highly detailed and made of hard plastic. You can't beat that !

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you don’t mind, I’m first on the list for (only requested 1 portion) of 2019 wharf/dock cardboard display and would love to have a base price to consider when they make or ask for an offer! Feel free to message me & I would very much appreciate the insight and info
I purchased the entire hotel display elevator wall, columns, checking desk, key wall chandelier, sconces, lighted HOTEL, picture and lamp yesterday. Picked it up today. Was a little bent that they sold out from under me the pic and lamp before I arrived to pickup.

I'm supposed to pick up other pieces at a different store tommoro. Employees tore it down and damaged a few pieces, but still worth it because it will save me lots of time next year.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I used to own 2 of the trees. I am willing to bet that most people will run into the same problems that I did--too many humans touched them previous to my ownership. Although the limbs get loose over time, some well placed spider webs and lights will do wonders to keep them together.

Attachments

21 - 39 of 39 Posts