Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought the actual store displays from spirit Halloween? Not the props on display, I mean the actual display the props are showcased on. Like this year they have a giant clock tower with 2 big brown trees on each side. Has anyone bought that sort of stuff from the stores?

·
Registered
461 Posts
The usually are for sale the day after Halloween. I went to buy the trees from last year but the manager that day tried to charge me twice as much as the guy I asked the night before.

·
Registered
461 Posts
100 per tree. Wasn't to bad if they would have quoted that first I would have bought them. No idea what they would charge on the cardboard stuff.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I tried to get there tree's last year but they wanted $300 per tree!! i think they wanted like $50 to 80 for there card board stuff if i can remember right. It all depends on who you ask.

·
Registered
11 Posts
l went to the Spirit Halloween store last week and they were not opened yet but l got to talk to the manager about the 2 gargoyles that are on display. She said that they could not sell them until after the 22nd or 25th of October. I went there Sunday and she was not working so I gave them my name and number but I am going back Monday to let her know that I do want them so hopefully I get them for the cemetery fence that I am building this year. I am planning on putting them on either side of the gates in the center of the front yard. furfee25. I will let you know what happens after I talk to her. Ken

·
Registered
358 Posts
I could be way off on this, but this is my understanding;
You use to go to spirit about the 30th, 31st or nov 1 and talk to the manager and they negotiated a price for the corrugated "sets".
Then Spirit started to offer them for a price "all new" non setup units, with instruction sheets, but you could negotiate a price on the setup units in store.
Next Spirit gave manager price lists to offer the corrugated and other pcs (like the monitor) for pickup near the end or the 1st.
BUT last year the tree demand caught them by surprise and the prices were all over the place.....
Also, I believe those monies, from the display sales, including the monitors and trees, go to spirits charity.
(and stores have a contest between each other for raising monies for the charity.)

So depending on when, where and the manager, the prices are all over the place.

If anyone is in the know, please correct me, as this is mostly observation and recall from previous threads.

Jerseyscare

·
Registered
11 Posts
furfee25. l went to Spirit Halloween store and talked to the manager about the gargoyles and she said that they will be $300.00 for the pair. l don't think I want to spend that much on them being chiped up and pieces missing off the tips of the wings. Ken

·
Registered
8 Posts
last year when I saw the trees, I asked the manager person how much and he went to a binder that had prices and pics of all the displays that would be for sale and he told me 200$. he said he couldn't sell them until a certain date. and man was I there before they opened on that day, I got my one tree(with a 20% coupon I got) just as a guy with a trailer pulled up to actually buy the whole setup with all four or five trees. he was upset but I got my tree! yay!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here's the deal, at least in LI, NY. Due to high demand for the trees and the gargoyles in the display, Spirit stores actually have a waiting list where you leave your name and phone number. A few days before Halloween the store will try to reach the contacts on the list in descending order. The prices for the trees were preset at $150 a pop (which is a fantastic deal). I am pretty far down one list and actually went to another store thirty minutes before their grand opening and the display props were already spoken for :confused: You truly need some luck and patience to ascertain these props. Good luck.

·
Registered
368 Posts
My store wouldn't make a waiting list. On the 25th, first come first served. I paid $150 for tree with a damaged branch (from hangning the skeleton on a swing). And $200 for a good tree.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,634 Posts
I signed the wait list for the gargoyles. I'm #8 on the list. Not holding out hope lol!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm in Canada, so the prices are higher LOL tried getting a tree last year but the waiting list had like 50 names on it !!!
they were asking 350$ ea before halloween, so I took a chance and called them up early morning on the 31st .. they said the last tree was spoken for and the guy was picking it up later that day :(
Halloween goes by and the next morning I wake up the wife and say, we're going to Spirit to see what is left, BEHOLD I walk in as the doors open and the tree is still there.. Instead of running inside like everyone else, I headed straight to the cashier and asked the manager about the tree.. she said the guy never came, I said can I have it.. she said sure 200$ cash :) SOLD by the time a guy went to take it apart, there was at least 10 people in line asking for it LOL hahahaha

this year, I went when they opened and put my name on the list, I'm #1 so if they respect and didn't lose my # I should get a call and have the chance to buy another one.. this year they all have little black brackets holding the branches together, guessing it' because of the swings. last season some branches broke because they weren't made to support that..

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got one of the trees last year. It didn't go together as well as the others so they sold it to me as defective for $40 way before Halloween. I was jazzed. More so now that I see what they go for.

A word of warning... Unless they've changed things the structural portions may require work. The limbs are fiberglass with a 2" square metal socket that slips together. The joint isn't very strong at all (thus the deal I got) and may need to be supported. Last year I used a loop of bailing wire to hold the limbs up. This year I planned to redo the joints but thought I'd try construction adhesive first and just glue the limbs on. Well, next year I'll be rebuilding the joints haha. I'm thinking longer connections and fill the cavity with great stuff foam for security. Beyond that I'm not sure what to do. Maybe retro a pvc frame? Anyway, just wanted to let folks know they're not all that sturdy. Again, this is unless they've addressed this on the newer pieces. Anyone have the same experience or know if it's fixed?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought the general store and zombie wasteland gateway pillars a couple years back for $30 each (cheap huh) I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on keeping the displays from warping from morning dew

·
Registered
87 Posts
Several weeks ago I went in and asked about the Trees on display, I was told at my close-est store (friend works there) had a number of people on the waiting list for the trees (only 2 per store FYI) But the manager called a nearby store and they did not have anybody on the list for the trees.
She did look up the trees from a PRICE LIST and they were $250 each I was looking right at the list it was a printed out list.
Got a call last night from the nearby store that the trees were available as of today 10/24/2016 (my place on list didn't matter 1st come 1st served)
Went to the store and paid for it from a list (Same list) she pointed out it was $250.
Also the 1st store I went to the manager is my old neighbor I trust her that the list is legit.
So
1. Ask for manager
2. Ask to be on list they will call you as they want the stuff gone before the 31st (Although I was told last night 1st come first served)
3. If list is long ask the manager to call another store and put you on a list somewhere else. (does not hurt to have 2 or 3 stores call you when stuff is ready to sell.
4. Ask to see the price list I don't see why any manager would not show it to you
5. If you are willing to take a chance and wait for a lower price that's up to you but the limited stuff probably wont be around long
Spirit Tree Pickup 2016 small.jpg

1 - 20 of 52 Posts